In order to setup fingerprint lock or touch ID, you need to create a passcode for your device.
How to create passcode on iphone 6;
1. Go to Settings select Touch ID & Passcode.
2.Tap Turn Passcode On
3. Enter a six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
4. Enter your passcode again to confirm it and activate it.
After activating your passcode then follow the following steps to set up your fingerprint lock.
Follow the following steps accordingly:
- Make sure that the Home button and your finger are clean and dry.
- Tap Settings then select Touch ID & Passcode, then enter your passcode.
- Tap Add a Fingerprint and hold your device as you normally would when touching the Home button.
- Touch the Home button with your finger—but don't press. Hold it there until you feel a quick vibration, or until you're asked to lift your finger.
- Continue to lift and rest your finger slowly, making small adjustments to the position of your finger each time.
- The next screen asks you to adjust your grip. Hold your device as you normally would when unlocking it, and touch the Home button with the outer areas of your fingertip, instead of the center portion that you scanned first.