Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Chinese Cheapies | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Chinese Cheapies
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
September 23, 2014
11:55 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’ve noticed that a lot of Chinese sites sell Android phones, usually they’re made to have form factors similar to IPhones, such as the ‘phablet’ form factor. Phone spec wise, they’re not too bad and sometimes they have more hardware than some android phones sold in the US. Price wise, they tend to be less than $100 on average.

Nearly all of them are GSM though, not 3/4G, so I’m guessing they’re mostly in use by people in other countries. The main thing that I think about with them is that there’s no actual warranty involved except through the store that you bought them from. Even so, it does seem tempting sometimes to try one out.

Has anyone else ever bought and used one of them? One model I ran across that looked alright was the M-HORSE N9000W

September 23, 2014
4:35 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78

A lot of branded phones are manufactured in China too. I think the difference would be quality control. I’m sure the cheap China brands would have their quality control but I don’t think they’re as stringent compared with the branded ones. Although I have relatives in the Philippines who bought cheap China phones and tablets and they said it’s quite good.

October 29, 2014
6:27 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

I bought a few phones like that off ebay a few years ago. In all honesty I don’t think they’re worth the punt, they didn’t last very long and didn’t work very well. 

The build quality was really poor and you could see they had saved money wherever they could. 

This was a few years ago, but I still wouldn’t really touch them, I know the brands I like and trust now, and they are mainly Samsung, HTC etc 

October 30, 2014
9:20 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Ste Crook said
I bought a few phones like that off ebay a few years ago. In all honesty I don’t think they’re worth the punt, they didn’t last very long and didn’t work very well. 

The build quality was really poor and you could see they had saved money wherever they could. 

This was a few years ago, but I still wouldn’t really touch them, I know the brands I like and trust now, and they are mainly Samsung, HTC etc 

I had a similar experience to you. From that moment on, I prefer to spend more money on a HTC, Sony, Samsung model or any other brand that proved to be reliable on the market

My caution doesn`t include a total avoidance of new ideas on smartphones world. For example, I was quite pleased to test the models recently released by Asus and Lenovo. They are cheaper than the classical brands, but you can use them anytime for daily needs

November 1, 2014
9:07 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

XiaoMi is one of the most popular China smart phones maker. They are very popular in Asia with their smart phones and also in the US and Europe. They will have a after sales office in every markets that they have presence.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today sirajdte