Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Affordable Andriod Phones | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Affordable Andriod Phones
Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 (2 votes) 
January 6, 2014
1:26 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Guys,

Just wanna specifically create a topic about budget-friendly andriod phone.  here in the Philippines, there are alot of reasonably priced andriod phones made by local companies.  Mobile manufacturers such as 0+, firefly, cherry mobile, etc that are successful in introducing andriod to average income customer.

I know the forum has global reach, so care to share if you have the same scenario too?

Cheers!

January 6, 2014
9:40 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

can across with this article link discussion the 10 cheapest quad-core andriod phone available in the Philippine market made by local manufactures.  Ranges from less than 200USD and as low as 50USD.  How’s that?  Yay!

http://www.jeypreview.com/2013…..pines.html

January 7, 2014
11:32 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

I thought I would chime in after reading the list, in all honesty I don’t buy into the cheap phone logic purely down to lack of guarenteed software support – I’m a software person so this matters to me but for most pick up and go is all they need and these devices will certainly accomplish that. After reviewing the list the Starmobile Icon is the standout device for me – it happens to be one of the most pricey and while pixels dont matter it does play a part in the 5-12 region so that 8 pixel rear facing shooter alongside a front facing 5 mega pixel shooter (which is unusual with most being in the 2megapixel range even on ‘high end devices’)

The one big let down on the Starmobile Icon would probably be the lack of a 2200 mAh battery like on the Torque droid motion keeping in mind it’s pushing more pixels although it’s probably running a less power hungry Qualcomm processor (mediatek + dual sim = power drain) If your not overly concerned about camera quality then Huawei Ascend G525 is basically the same device with a 5mega pixel rear shooter and a terrible 0.3 megapixel front facing camera and slightly smaller batter but a 1000 peso saving – for me I would cough up the extra 1000 for that cam quality.

The Flame 2 would likely get my second place, its big let down for me would be the older version of android and no sign of an over-the-air (OTA) coming forth in the future and poor 1600 battery (its pushing 245 pixels, two sims, possibly 3G/HSDP+ your facing a very often recharge of batter replacement rate)

just my two cents.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

January 7, 2014
8:25 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

good thoughts and point taken about the limitation of cheap andriod local phones.

and reviews on cherry mobile flame?  heard it is the fast selling reliable cheap phone here.

January 7, 2014
11:51 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

It’s a good device, certainly when you consider price but at least on paper compared to the other two it’s pushing a lot of pixels and a small battery as i noted it’s a huge display and filipinos love to rock full brightness! So that battery wont last long and again I’m a software guy so running outdated software would irritate me too no end but for it’s price point it’s a decent phone but then if you shop around the Lenovo devices are on par and have a huge brand backing them – local doesn’t imply bad and it’s not what im aiming to get across (samsung is in every word of the sense ‘local phone’ in south korea.

I think for me one of these vendors to really get a grip on the market needs to pick up on the software side, importing these devices from china as they do with the mediatek powered devices and sticking a quick custom tweak or two is fine as it keeps the device light and doesn’t distract the user but – updates ? you buy a device in this day and age you expect updates and the local vendors dont deliver in that area – it Cherry mobile as a prime example took near 2 months to address an issue on the CM Flame in regards to multi finger touch (the device was locked to two finger input but was capable of 5 finger input) 

My advice as ever is try before you buy and try everything! camera, wifi, sound, video anything you can try it with a demo unit.

January 8, 2014
10:34 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

the affortable local andriod phone caters to minimum income people.  of course it is not a good as the high-end brands like samsung, lg etc but it serves it’s purpose.

bottomline is that you get what you pay for. average income earner will be happy to still buy a local affortable andriod.  However, buyers who are financially capable will only settle for the best quality handset.

January 8, 2014
11:21 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

I agree, to most of what your saying obviously you purchase whats within your means purchasing outside such is laughable those that do it simple bring trouble unto themselves. However if you purchase a device with wifi, gps, bluetooth etc etc then it implies you intend to use such features, I’m aware many people purchase such devices simply to use facebook, skype, whatsapp for the free calling functionality it providers and I’m all for it I just feel that if the local vendors wished to do ‘better’ at what they are doing already then inhouse or local software developments would provide a fantastic platform for those local vendors to push on.

January 9, 2014
2:11 pm
Angryman
Members
Forum Posts: 2

23and14and20 said
Hi Guys,

Just wanna specifically create a topic about budget-friendly andriod phone.  here in the Philippines, there are alot of reasonably priced andriod phones made by local companies.  Mobile manufacturers such as 0+, firefly, cherry mobile, etc that are successful in introducing andriod to average income customer.

I know the forum has global reach, so care to share if you have the same scenario too?

Cheers!

Indian market is flooded with android devices and they are worth it. I mean a layman can get an experience of expensive smartphones without hurting his budget. Smile

January 16, 2014
1:18 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Angryman said

23and14and20 said
Hi Guys,

Cheers!

Indian market is flooded with android devices and they are worth it. I mean a layman can get an experience of expensive smartphones without hurting his budget. Smile

i believe we have the same situation in the philippines too.  there are really good local brand that is quality and reliable enough.

see you around. =)

January 21, 2014
3:02 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

come across a telecom retail shop here in the philippines last weekend that actually sells affordable international brands like acer and lenovo and compaq smartphones.  any reviews please?

January 21, 2014
11:46 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Acer and Lenovo sure, good manufacturers more so Acer than Lenovo however but Compaq pretty much do not exist anymore since being taken over by HP years ago – wouldnt touch those. Just for the sake of clarity we are all aware how the local phones in both India and PH come to be right ?

What happens is phone manufactures normally in china as they are the cheapest list on the usual Chinese sites (they aint hard to find) then they (local vendors) spec the device and order a shipment of significant value (500-1000 units) and ask for specific modifications logo added, boot screen logo, etc etc

They then get distributed out to you the user as ‘local phones’ and no before anyone asks I dont have an issue with this but the biggest ugh factor i do have with these phones is the lack of software support provided with them but thats not for everyone so no big deal – a cheap phone that works.. all for it..

I find it funny however when you goto a local vendor and none of the phones look alike.. I think really only cloudfone and 0+ in PH have managed to get phones that look similar between models – is that a bad thing .. nope goto a samsung store and everymodel from a specific genre looks the same – so it adds some variety

January 26, 2014
9:57 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Krisstoffer said
Acer and Lenovo sure, good manufacturers more so Acer than Lenovo however but Compaq pretty much do not exist anymore since being taken over by HP years ago – wouldnt touch those. Just for the sake of clarity we are all aware how the local phones in both India and PH come to be right ?

They then get distributed out to you the user as ‘local phones’ and no before anyone asks I dont have an issue with this but the biggest ugh factor i do have with these phones is the lack of software support provided with them but thats not for everyone so no big deal – a cheap phone that works.. all for it..

agan, you get what you pay for, if you are after software support and all why will you get a 100-200USD worth smartphone?  of course you will get a highly reliable international brand around 1000-1500USD.

affordable local andriod phones caters to the masses or students who live within weekely budget or average earning professional.  high-end people (income and status) of course won’t settle for this brands.  they won’t even think it exist.  

this topic caters for the good factor of having a smartphone at a friendly-cost

like, firelyfly mobile for example has 100-150USD mobile thati s quadcore already.  factors like that. Laugh

January 26, 2014
10:02 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Angryman said

Hi Angryman,

Can you please name some of the leading local manufacturers there in India and a short review of the smartphone you can recommend?  For the price, would you consider it useful or same thing/ situation with china-made mobile devices?

January 27, 2014
1:39 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

23and14and20 said

Krisstoffer said

agan, you get what you pay for, if you are after software support and all why will you get a 100-200USD worth smartphone?  of course you will get a highly reliable international brand around 1000-1500USD.

affordable local andriod phones caters to the masses or students who live within weekely budget or average earning professional.  high-end people (income and status) of course won’t settle for this brands.  they won’t even think it exist.  

this topic caters for the good factor of having a smartphone at a friendly-cost

like, firelyfly mobile for example has 100-150USD mobile thati s quadcore already.  factors like that. https://i1.wp.com/www.cleartalking.com/main/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

The Firefly mobile device you are talking about is dual core, not quad however your argument that only local vendors are supplying cheap phones is in a nutshell wrong. The Moto G, from motorola (owned by Google) is one of the cheapest handsets in the world right now and can be purchased off contract for about $100 it’s a fantastic device. Anything from Nokia is pretty much dual core and something like an Asha maybe $50 on ebay perhaps $75-100 new..

These devices are not out to rule the world but bring down the spec race – I’m all for local but people research before you buy..

The following users say thank you to Krisstoffer for this useful post:

Nikhil Chandran

January 27, 2014
8:02 am
arian145
Members
Forum Posts: 4
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is best game foe android phone if you want check it from here

War Game

January 27, 2014
2:19 pm
James
Members
Forum Posts: 1
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

http://www.google.ca/aclk?sa=l…..le-devices

Check out that site, there is a huge list there.

January 31, 2014
12:07 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

Even in Europe, I guess in each country there are local companies designing very cheap Android gadgets, estimated between 10-50EURO, but they lack the reliability of traditional manufacturers as Samsung, HTC & co. I can tell you from my own experience, that a cheap local Android smartphone wasn`t running efficiently in its first month of use, while I still use my old Samsung SII. 

February 24, 2014
9:43 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

Costin said
Even in Europe, I guess in each country there are local companies designing very cheap Android gadgets, estimated between 10-50EURO, but they lack the reliability of traditional manufacturers as Samsung, HTC & co. I can tell you from my own experience, that a cheap local Android smartphone wasn`t running efficiently in its first month of use, while I still use my old Samsung SII. 

thanks for sharing costin.  10-50euros is actually a cheap andriod phnoe unit.  but then again of course, there will be a disclaimer about quality.  in general, the “you get what you paid for” quote will be applicable.

see you around!

February 26, 2014
10:08 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

23and14and20 said

Costin said

thanks for sharing costin.  10-50euros is actually a cheap andriod phnoe unit.  but then again of course, there will be a disclaimer about quality.  in general, the “you get what you paid for” quote will be applicable.

see you around!

Definitely, if you buy a 50EURO gadget, although it includes a 5MP camera, it`s not a quite reliable gadget. A friend of mine tried this experiment just for fun and returned the Allview smartphone in one week, because the home button wasn`t reacting anymore

February 26, 2014
9:11 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

what is irritating is that sometimes marketing and promotions lie about the product. for a cheap andriod phone they will say it is quadcore or 5megapixel cameral but in reality it is just dualcore and 2megapixel cam. that kind of advertisement is very unfair.
so as an intelligent buyer, please check the unit properly.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming pembe

Top Posters: