Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

a 3MP camera on Xpera E1 | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
a 3MP camera on Xpera E1
bad joke for Sony fans
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
April 23, 2014
12:59 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

These days I saw a commercial from Orange, promoting Sony Xperia E1 for free, with a 19EURO contract for two years. Since curiosity is my nickname, I checked the phone to see its performance.

Big disappointment: a 3MP camera from Sony, the manufacturer that amazed me with its 8MP, 13MP cameras? Honestly, I wouldn`t buy such a smartphone, although it runs Jelly Bean, your pictures will simply be waves of fog

April 28, 2014
8:25 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

true but it’s likely not targeting yourself – 3megapixels is great for those that like to keeping touch, skype and maybe a bit of instagram its a low-mid-range device and the contact isnt too bad but kidna thing you would ebay anyway.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

April 28, 2014
12:05 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Indeed, 3MP is the minimal for a decent use, but what`s the difference between Sony and those strange Nokia models (I think Asha was enhanced with a 2MP camera or something similar)?

Generally, people expect more from SonyLaugh, I fear this marketing strategy won`t be that successful

April 28, 2014
12:29 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Not at all keep in mind that near 80% of Samsung’s income does not come from the flagship devices but the mid and low end devices same for Sony it’s a case of you know the brand you want the brand but not everyone can afford the Xperia Z2 or the Samsung G5 etc etc. The next best thing is to buy a cheap crappy chinese device with no name or the same price and get your hands ona decent device by a quality manufacturer.

The Asha is a little off beat as it’s not a windows phone or android or any major platform they actually run on a custom operating system from Nokia for low end devices – consider the concept that every manufacturer has a low end device .. but why ? cos they sell by the bucket loads for some it’s just a backup device for others it’s their main device .. i know here in PH they love those Asha devices and the Xperia E, P and W range still sells very very well

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

May 12, 2014
3:03 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Krisstoffer said
Not at all keep in mind that near 80% of Samsung’s income does not come from the flagship devices but the mid and low end devices same for Sony it’s a case of you know the brand you want the brand but not everyone can afford the Xperia Z2 or the Samsung G5 etc etc. The next best thing is to buy a cheap crappy chinese device with no name or the same price and get your hands ona decent device by a quality manufacturer.

The Asha is a little off beat as it’s not a windows phone or android or any major platform they actually run on a custom operating system from Nokia for low end devices – consider the concept that every manufacturer has a low end device .. but why ? cos they sell by the bucket loads for some it’s just a backup device for others it’s their main device .. i know here in PH they love those Asha devices and the Xperia E, P and W range still sells very very well

You are right, if we are thinking of low end devices, but that Sony gadget I mentioned was enhanced with the latest version of Android, it`s like the manufacturer is contradicting itself: I would offer something cheap and reliable, but still it`s adorned with chocolateLaugh

I can praise I`m a millionaire or something like this, but if I want something good, I would certainly start saving money rather than buying a gadget that would bore me in one month and this Sony model would surely manage this performance

May 15, 2014
1:38 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

Lol, this reminds me about famous popular saying : If something too good to be true, it probably is.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming pembe

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019