Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Kazam - One of a range of phones from Ideal World | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Kazam - One of a range of phones from Ideal World
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
July 8, 2014
7:00 am
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I stumbled upon Ideal World the other day and made an interesting discovery. 

They have a range of phones, heres one called “Kazam” 

http://www.idealworld.tv/Kazam…..e%20phones

What’s really interesting about this is not only is it an Android phone, its a dual sim phone, Dual sim is something thats never been known in the UK before, I’ve seen cheap phones from Hong Kong that are dual sim, but nothing mainstream and especially not android. 

I think this could be a turning point for phones in the UK, for example Three now sell their phones unlocked, its becoming more acceptable now to give people an option as to what network they want to use and shop around for the best deals. 

July 11, 2014
1:00 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Usually, this type of manufacturer, little known and aggressively promoted, isn`t very satisfactory. In my country, there are three similar manufacturers, creating extremely cheap Android gadgets, but you use them one month and then you have to send them to the service. I purchases such a gadget and I regret even today the money spent, so I rather invest more in a well-known brand, whose gadget I can use for at least 12 months with a decent performance

July 16, 2014
5:59 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members

Costin said
Usually, this type of manufacturer, little known and aggressively promoted, isn`t very satisfactory. In my country, there are three similar manufacturers, creating extremely cheap Android gadgets, but you use them one month and then you have to send them to the service. I purchases such a gadget and I regret even today the money spent, so I rather invest more in a well-known brand, whose gadget I can use for at least 12 months with a decent performance

I have had similar experiences when buying cheaper brands from ebay, however these phones come with a 3 year warranty I think I saw somewhere, which certainly seems like a reasonable amount of time

July 17, 2014
2:41 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Ste Crook said

Costin said

I have had similar experiences when buying cheaper brands from ebay, however these phones come with a 3 year warranty I think I saw somewhere, which certainly seems like a reasonable amount of time

Indeed 3 year warranty is encouraging, but I think there is a small trick related to the acceptance of the warranty, in case of misfunction. Rather than admitting the gadget is upside down, the provider might argue you didn`t use it properly, so the warranty can`t cover the damage

July 18, 2014
9:44 am
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members

Costin said

Ste Crook said

Costin said

Indeed 3 year warranty is encouraging, but I think there is a small trick related to the acceptance of the warranty, in case of misfunction. Rather than admitting the gadget is upside down, the provider might argue you didn`t use it properly, so the warranty can`t cover the damage

I do see where you’re coming from that companies will often do what they can to avoid any costs to them. I do often wonder why dual sim phones have never been about over here before, I am a bit sceptical as to how well they work. However it could just be that they have never been released here because of mobile networks wanting you to spend money with just them and not another network as well. This is something that they appear to be backing away from now, for example Three no longer have phones they sell locked to their network, and will unlock phones that are for free. Which really is rightly so, if you pay for a device you should have the freedom to choose if its locked or not. I can however understand them wanting to lock it while the device is in contract, however if you don’t pay the bill its straightforward enough for them to block the IMEI

August 1, 2014
12:28 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Ste Crook said

Costin said

Ste Crook said

Costin said

I do see where you’re coming from that companies will often do what they can to avoid any costs to them. I do often wonder why dual sim phones have never been about over here before, I am a bit sceptical as to how well they work. However it could just be that they have never been released here because of mobile networks wanting you to spend money with just them and not another network as well. This is something that they appear to be backing away from now, for example Three no longer have phones they sell locked to their network, and will unlock phones that are for free. Which really is rightly so, if you pay for a device you should have the freedom to choose if its locked or not. I can however understand them wanting to lock it while the device is in contract, however if you don’t pay the bill its straightforward enough for them to block the IMEI

I used a dual sim smartphone for a couple of months and honestly, I would rather invest into a locked one, but manufactured by reliable brand. That gadget was a version of Asha series from Nokia, estimated at 50EURO, but was shooting down during my calls, messages were delivered with delay, not to mentioned I lost some of my contacts due to a bug, affecting the agenda

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019