Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Best Mapping/GPS Program | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Best Mapping/GPS Program
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
August 22, 2014
7:56 pm
tfive14
Members
Forum Posts: 9
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have had my android samsung 3 for a while and after a recent update the mapping program I liked disappeared and is not longer available. The mapping program that is auto on the phone is not good and very flighty. Any thoughts on a good GPS/mapping app?

August 23, 2014
7:38 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Try GPS Essentials or Navfree, both available for Android-based gadgets and free

Personally, I use GPS Essentials for accurate details, but Navfree might seem friendlier with its interface and graphics

sp_AnswersTopicAnswer
Answers Post

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

tfive14
September 17, 2014
3:31 pm
tfive14
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Costin said
Try GPS Essentials or Navfree, both available for Android-based gadgets and free

Personally, I use GPS Essentials for accurate details, but Navfree might seem friendlier with its interface and graphics

Thanks for the suggestions I will try them out. I just have had no luck with the connectivity or use of the included Maps GPS. I look forward to giving GPS Essentials and Navfree a try. Thanks.

September 18, 2014
2:58 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

tfive14 said
Costin said

Thanks for the suggestions I will try them out. I just have had no luck with the connectivity or use of the included Maps GPS. I look forward to giving GPS Essentials and Navfree a try. Thanks.

Good luck!

It will be difficult if you rely on a free Wi-fi connection, it`s poor and unreliable. I use the internet traffic included in my subscription and it works perfect

June 8, 2015
2:34 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

I’ve been using an app called Map Factor recently. It’s free and I’m quite enjoying it. It’s been very accurate on every trip that I’ve made in the United States. Although I’m not sure how it would perform overseas, probably about the same. If anyone’s looking for another alternative mapping app I’d be sure to give it a try on your next road trip!

July 4, 2015
4:52 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

I’ve been using an app called Map Factor recently. It’s free and I’m quite enjoying it. It’s been very accurate on every trip that I’ve made in the United States. Although I’m not sure how it would perform overseas, probably about the same. If anyone’s looking for another alternative mapping app I’d be sure to give it a try on your next road trip!

I downloaded and test it

In my case, in Europe there are routes where you can take a boat and unfortunately the app doesn`t know what to do in this case, it simply stops where the car road ends

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

ctsuperadmin
December 4, 2016
6:59 pm
panerdo
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Anyone use Sygic? That one is the best for me, you can download maps for countries and it works flawlessly in offline mode.

December 13, 2016
12:34 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

panerdo said
Anyone use Sygic? That one is the best for me, you can download maps for countries and it works flawlessly in offline mode.  

It was good in the first week, the so-called 7 days of premium service, I was impressed by its design and accuracy. Now, I can use some of its features, I appreciated that hints about changing direction in traffic, to a less circulated route

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019