Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Are Blackberries still viable? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Are Blackberries still viable?
Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 (1 votes) 
November 25, 2013
11:39 am
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’ve been reading a lot lately about how Blackberries are becoming the dinosaur of cell phone technology. Do you think it’s true? Some people I know insist that they are still the best for general business use – that you can’t beat the all-in-one organizational functions. But there are also some who insist that iPhone is so versatile that it’s actually the best for business and basic personal use. I honestly don’t have an opinion, but as someone who is looking to upgrade to a phone with more options, I’d love to know what you think. Thanks!

January 7, 2014
8:40 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

here in the philippines, here is still a market for blackberry for the corporate market.  due to good promotional scheme, majority of leading local and multinational companies here choose to tie up with blackberry mobile for thier company issued mobile devices.

January 7, 2014
11:58 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

The problem Blackberry face right now is not even blackberry knows what it’s going to do, is it worth buying into – not really unless you want/prefer that hardware keyboard and your happy to sacrifice in other areas. The biggest asset blackberry had was BBM which is now available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App store for free.

Blackberries in terms of usage and stability are untouchable, iOS and apple devices are great but your still pushing a HD screen, music, games etc etc if your aiming for a pure business phone that is going to last and offers the bare basics of any smart phone then a ‘classic’ android device is worthwhile if you need that smartphone toolset then the more modern Z10 is probably one to skip over while the Z30 is an interesting device. 

One thing Blackberry have confirmed they will continue to do in 2014 is go back to pushing out devices with hardware based keyboards so the more classic model while the Z range is likely going to see yearly updates. People will argue against it people will argue for it but for me blackberry is going to sit in it’s corner and produce nothing overly exciting at least within the next 3 years, they are aiming to plug up the financial titianic they have become once the ship is level then look for them to invest into RnD again but till such time nothing all that exciting about the blackberry devices, are they dead, not according to blackberry themselves but in the mind of virtually every tech reviewer they are not worth bothering with at least for the moment.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

January 12, 2014
3:21 pm
bvmerino21
Members
Forum Posts: 1

I think blacberry No still viable right now.. I prefer Android phones Embarassed

January 16, 2014
12:45 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

The Blackberry Z30 isn’t a bad phone but it’ds far from a great one, if your a blackberry fan and love the slickness a good phone can offer then yep it’s a good one to use – tho that said they need to make the androdi application layer easier to use sideloading sucks.

Blackberry need to wow with their next device to be relevant again

January 16, 2014
2:34 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

whether blackberry’s business is still sustainable or not, whether they profit or loss consistently is not the debate here.  the issue and fact is that blackberry still exist and is still out in the market.  and till the next 3 years they are still tied up with companies as customers to handle exclusivity of thier company-provided/ issued handset.

January 26, 2014
10:42 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

HSBC data processing in the Philippines still using (and recently renewed) thier blackberry tie-up to handle all their corporate business phone.  Same as Barclays in Singapore who just release new BB phones to all their staffs.

January 31, 2014
5:12 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I’ve been reading a lot lately about how Blackberries are becoming the dinosaur of cell phone technology. Do you think it’s true? Some people I know insist that they are still the best for general business use – that you can’t beat the all-in-one organizational functions. But there are also some who insist that iPhone is so versatile that it’s actually the best for business and basic personal use. I honestly don’t have an opinion, but as someone who is looking to upgrade to a phone with more options, I’d love to know what you think. Thanks!

With Z10, looking like HTC, I don`t think Blackberry will be history. It was about time to change the direction, I have never understood why the Canadian manufacturer was so keen to preserve the built-in qwerty keyboard, which personally I found it uncomfortable

February 6, 2014
6:11 pm
Lunar
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

From the position Blackberry held in the mobile market, to where they are now is simply amazing. I could Blackberry eventually dominating the market, and then they just began to flop as they could no longer contend with the likes of iphones and Android systems we have now. It’s a shame really, I had a blackberry once and so did my brother, they were great phones and I had really high hopes for them.

I didn’t buy the Blackberry tablet when it came out because I thought they would stop the software updates for them as they were almost going bankrupt, and I thought many people would no longer invest in making apps for them, I hope they can come up with some sort of revival though!

February 9, 2014
8:39 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

on a consumer point of view especially the personal users, of course they won’t consider buying blackberry as thier unit.  however, blackberry still has a captured market for corporate accounts.  there are still alot of companies that renew contact of blackberry to be their exclusive provider of customize business unit.  like baclays in singapore for example uses blackberry as their service phone and all are customize (no camera, no apps for games, etc.)

April 26, 2014
6:04 am
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not now. There are tons of phones out which definitely are better than Blackberry’s. I just hope Blackberry (Nokia) go bust because I don’t feel the phone is ready due to my experiences with it.

April 27, 2014
11:01 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brad said
Not now. There are tons of phones out which definitely are better than Blackberry’s. I just hope Blackberry (Nokia) go bust because I don’t feel the phone is ready due to my experiences with it.

April 27, 2014
11:02 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

well it still applies here in the philippines bro. 

April 28, 2014
8:40 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brad said

Nokia wont even go close to bust, blackberry will be fine too and I would expect them back in the consumer market within the next 10 years too – in fact would love to get my hands on a playbook

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today Chanakaf, nikamillone
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019