Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Bad Experience with Vodafone | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Bad Experience with Vodafone
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 14, 2013
7:45 am
Lucian Victor
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I had my Vodafone stolen while in France, naturally I reported the theft to vodafone the following morning and also went to the police station to get a police report. The following month vodafone deducted over £1200 from my bank account! I was not notified vodafone would be taking this large amount and was left in France with no funds. I managed to get the money back through an indemnity claim from the bank. However, now vodafone have cut off my phone and are demanding payment of the bill. I am a full time student with no income and do not see why I should be required to pay for vodafones incompetence. They have offered a 25% reduction of “goodwill” on the balance. But that only reduces the bill to just under £1000. They are claiming they have no record of it being reported stolen. This issue has now been going on for 10 months now. Vodafone customer service have been extremely rude and unhelpful. I cannot believe a muti-billion pound company are chasing a full tine student with no income for £1000 for a phone which was stolen and reported!

April 19, 2014
9:36 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

That seems an extortionate charge, and clearly raises issues with the methods and practice’s vodafone has in place. 

Surely something should flag up with them when a user suddenly starts making enough calls to lead the bill to jump up such a massive amount. I also think when it is such a high amount there should have been some warning to you about the bill and they shouldn’t have removed it from your account without notification.

Do they seriously thing people have a spare grand lying around just to give to them? I think they need to question the systems they have in place and prevent others from going through the same issues.

I really hope you manage to get it sorted and don’t have to pay it, sounds like a bit of a nightmare if you reported it stolen but they don’t have any details of you reporting it to them…conveniently for them! 

April 20, 2014
5:38 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Lucian Victor said
I had my Vodafone stolen while in France, naturally I reported the theft to vodafone the following morning and also went to the police station to get a police report. The following month vodafone deducted over £1200 from my bank account! I was not notified vodafone would be taking this large amount and was left in France with no funds. I managed to get the money back through an indemnity claim from the bank. However, now vodafone have cut off my phone and are demanding payment of the bill. I am a full time student with no income and do not see why I should be required to pay for vodafones incompetence. They have offered a 25% reduction of “goodwill” on the balance. But that only reduces the bill to just under £1000. They are claiming they have no record of it being reported stolen. This issue has now been going on for 10 months now. Vodafone customer service have been extremely rude and unhelpful. I cannot believe a muti-billion pound company are chasing a full tine student with no income for £1000 for a phone which was stolen and reported!

Your situation is mostly incredible and absurd. Why did Vodafone pretend that amount of money? Was your contract used for international calls? In this case, they have a quite strange system of admitting when it`s the company`s fault and when it`s the customer`s fault.

For example, when I had my phone stolen, I immediately call to their call center and announce it. It seems 5 minutes elapsed from my call and the effective use of my phone found by somebody willing to talk with all relatives in Europe. Vodafone admitted my request and asked me to pay just the 5 minutes used, while cutting down all connection on my SIM card. In one week, I received another SIM card and the chapter was close

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019