Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

How much does a SIM card costs in your country? | Page 2 | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
How much does a SIM card costs in your country?
Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 (5 votes) 
December 27, 2016
9:12 pm
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
21sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s interesting – here in the US we apparently don’t bother with SIM cards much. SIM cards for foreign tourists aren’t catered for. Apparently if you want international service, the SIM card is free, but you pay $45 a month or so to enable you to call overseas…

The following users say thank you to thethunderchild for this useful post:

Ford95
January 26, 2017
4:57 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
22sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mike LeBlanc said
In Canada, they usually come with a new phone so you rarely have to pay for them.  If it does cost money it’s about $10.  

I was interested in the subscription associated with the new phone, on 12 months or 24 months?

Here, if you sign for a 12 months contract, the sim is free and if you sign for 24 months, you get another sim free, for a member of the family or a friend

January 29, 2017
2:29 am
guddu12
Members
Forum Posts: 1
23sp_Permalink sp_Print

i am from india . there are 10+ company mobile service provider .now a days there is price war in between them so its beneficial for customer.

because of price war all most service provider give sim card free with first recharge of 70 with 70 talktime

The following users say thank you to guddu12 for this useful post:

Ford95
January 29, 2017
1:55 pm
metalhead811
Members
Forum Posts: 2
24sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am from India. A SIM card costs around Rs.20

The following users say thank you to metalhead811 for this useful post:

Ford95
January 30, 2017
12:01 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
25sp_Permalink sp_Print

guddu12 said
i am from india . there are 10+ company mobile service provider .now a days there is price war in between them so its beneficial for customer.

because of price war all most service provider give sim card free with first recharge of 70 with 70 talktime  

As long as there is a price war between the providers, the customers have only benefits, still comparing with my country, that offer seems a little bit lower, I would have expected at least double

February 21, 2017
11:30 pm
Ford95
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 50
26sp_Permalink sp_Print

Countries like Kenya where i do go mostly during holidays, there are only one major service provider known as Safaricom. The average price for a SIM card in that country is only $1 which is affordable and cheap.

April 28, 2017
5:14 am
leugim
Members
27sp_Permalink sp_Print

here in Portugal it can cost of up to some dozen euros or free if included with a monthly plan

July 6, 2017
10:31 am
anmol shrestha
Members
28sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here in Nepal you can buy a sim in a dollar but sometimes it is available in 10 cents too.

July 8, 2017
5:04 am
mohit1151
Members
Forum Posts: 3
29sp_Permalink sp_Print

thethunderchild said
It’s interesting – here in the US we apparently don’t bother with SIM cards much. SIM cards for foreign tourists aren’t catered for. Apparently if you want international service, the SIM card is free, but you pay $45 a month or so to enable you to call overseas…  

thethunderchild said

thethunderchild said

thethunderchild said

Thanks for posting an interesting question op. Well I should say it varies from city to city. In India average cost is around 30-40 . In rural areas it goes cheap as 10 R’s and in urban cities it’s  around 50-60 but it’s on the lower side. It’s varies from area to area.

Thank you,

September 21, 2017
6:30 pm
Rodrigo Oroño
Members
Forum Posts: 1
30sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im from Venezuela, in my country a sim card costs about 1-3 $, but it use to be free

Frown

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None