Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Save money on Mobile usage | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Save money on Mobile usage
saving money is one of your new year's resolutions
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
January 16, 2014
2:53 am
Vnukr
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If saving money is one of your new year’s resolutions, then I suggest you start shopping for new smartphone service.

Service providers like T-Mobile and Republic Wireless shook up the wireless industry in 2013 with truly competitive service pricing. Bigger players, such as AT&T, have already started to respond. And I suspect the market will get even more competitive in 2014. What this means for consumers is that it’s a good time to go shopping.

In this edition of Ask Maggie, I help a reader figure out his best option for slashing his monthly cell phone bill. And I also offer some advice to a Verizon Wireless subscriber contemplating paying full price for a smartphone to keep his unlimited data service.

January 20, 2014
9:38 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

here in the philippines, local smartphone providers like cherry mobile, frefly, O+ had almost 50-70% off sale on all units. even up to now january they are still having the “clearance sale”.  just be very careful in checking the specs first before jumping into getting the unit.  remeber, you will always get what you paid for….

January 24, 2014
2:20 am
steppinout
Members
Forum Posts: 10

What are some ways of slashing my monthly cell phone bill? I just left AT&T for Verizon, but I would like to cut even more money if possible! TIA!

January 27, 2014
12:30 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

steppinout said
What are some ways of slashing my monthly cell phone bill? I just left AT&T for Verizon, but I would like to cut even more money if possible! TIA!

sending sms is cheaper than calling.  that’s one.  if you are on post-paid, maximize your free airtime/ talktime.

February 1, 2014
10:28 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

23and14and20 said
here in the philippines, local smartphone providers like cherry mobile, frefly, O+ had almost 50-70% off sale on all units. even up to now january they are still having the “clearance sale”.  just be very careful in checking the specs first before jumping into getting the unit.  remeber, you will always get what you paid for….

In Europe too, the discounts` season has startedWink The smartphone are extremely cheap, you can purchase with 1EURO one of the recent flagships, yet the value of the contracts you have to sign for your new gadget makes you think twice

March 27, 2014
9:42 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Costin said

23and14and20 said

In Europe too, the discounts` season has startedWink The smartphone are extremely cheap, you can purchase with 1EURO one of the recent flagships, yet the value of the contracts you have to sign for your new gadget makes you think twice

wow, 1euro is indeed dead cheap.  but what is the catch?  forever contract exclusive? hehe…

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019