Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Would You Switch Providers for Free Stuff? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Would You Switch Providers for Free Stuff?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
February 9, 2014
12:52 pm
jonterns
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 21
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have a question for the forum. Would any of you switch your plans for free devices such as audio accessories or tablets? I added a plan from a different carrier (verizon) to get a tablet that I really wanted but I am keeping my Sprint plan for my phones. I am in the USA so this is a good deal for me but I was wondering if it works out for others in other areas.

February 16, 2014
12:17 pm
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

Yes, I used to switch my main number to new plan for new IP4S. Won’t do it again.

February 17, 2014
7:05 pm
Lunar
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

It depends what it is for me, it would have to be somethign that I really wanted or I don’t think I would go through the hassle of switching, not when I could receive poorer service at the service I switch to. I don’t really get roped into these kinds of deals because I always know there will be some sort of catch further down the line.

If it’s sometign you want and the deal works out well for a short period of tie, why not, but usually they offer you a service or free gift if you sign up to a contract for a longer period of time.

When I got my first smartphone (Blackberry) at the phone store, they offered me an Xbox 360 console if I took out the contract over 2 years, which turned out to cost me a lot more money, I basically paid for the Xbox 360 console even though I thought it was free originally.

You always have to be careful when choosing another service for a free gift, it might not be worth it.

February 18, 2014
12:44 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Does the idea of switching include a more expensive plan, as I presumed?

I chose to update my existing contract on Vodafone, in order to obtain Home Pack for my mother: wifi router, free communication with favorite numbers in Vodafone, a classical phone, a smartphone for seniors and a stick for mobile internet

February 22, 2014
10:53 am
jonterns
Bronze
Members

Lunar said
It depends what it is for me, it would have to be somethign that I really wanted or I don’t think I would go through the hassle of switching, not when I could receive poorer service at the service I switch to. I don’t really get roped into these kinds of deals because I always know there will be some sort of catch further down the line.

If it’s sometign you want and the deal works out well for a short period of tie, why not, but usually they offer you a service or free gift if you sign up to a contract for a longer period of time.

When I got my first smartphone (Blackberry) at the phone store, they offered me an Xbox 360 console if I took out the contract over 2 years, which turned out to cost me a lot more money, I basically paid for the Xbox 360 console even though I thought it was free originally.

You always have to be careful when choosing another service for a free gift, it might not be worth it.

Dude, that sounds like a really bad deal. I’ve gotten caught like that many times and you would think after all of that, you would learn but then another very good deal comes along and you forget to read the fine print.

February 22, 2014
10:55 am
jonterns
Bronze
Members

Costin said
Does the idea of switching include a more expensive plan, as I presumed?

I chose to update my existing contract on Vodafone, in order to obtain Home Pack for my mother: wifi router, free communication with favorite numbers in Vodafone, a classical phone, a smartphone for seniors and a stick for mobile internet

It usually does which is too bad. Some of these companies should give back every once in a while. I have Sprint and every once in a while they surprise me with a good deal or a freebie that I wasn’t expecting. Sometimes there is a catch, but a lot of the time, it’s a genuine token of their appreciation. I have Sprint in the US, do they do that in other countries?

February 25, 2014
2:26 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

nope. because 1st, i am bounded with a contract and prior to signing it i got freebies already. 2nd is that once i renew my contract im very sure i’ll get a free upgrade to the latest phone unit of my choice.  so not worth the hassle of changing providers just because of freebies.  well, at least for me.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019