Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Prepaid or postpaid (plan) | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Prepaid or postpaid (plan)
Ethernal doubt
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 11, 2014
12:49 pm
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Which one do you think is better?

As far as I’m concerned, I don’t like to be tied by a contract, because you never know what might your financial situation be tomorrow in times like this. Though, in Croatia, I believe it is much more convenient and cost saving to have a plan because the mobile operators usually offer more for postpaid users.

What are your experiences?

May 11, 2014
9:28 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

legionnaire said
Which one do you think is better?

As far as I’m concerned, I don’t like to be tied by a contract, because you never know what might your financial situation be tomorrow in times like this. Though, in Croatia, I believe it is much more convenient and cost saving to have a plan because the mobile operators usually offer more for postpaid users.

What are your experiences?

Hi legionnaire,

I had the same concern when it comes to have a contract with any operator, the financial concern, but nowadays the contract looks like a way to save money, so for me it’s better.

May 12, 2014
3:53 am
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

I am glad we think alike, absolutely, it is a good way to save money, but for people with insecure income – I would always recommend to avoid contracts that tie you for paying something.

May 12, 2014
12:18 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130

Prepaid is def the way to go.  I read a study once recently that mentioned that people with contracts only use a small portion of their allotted minutes\internet speeds.  Prepaid is the best value for the money.

The following users say thank you to Paul B for this useful post:

legionnaire
May 17, 2014
12:44 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Why not trying both in the same time? Otherwise, you can`t be very sure what you gained and what you lost

Currently, in my country postpaid and prepaid services look quite the same, taking in account the minutes and messages available in the same network or to the other national networks. The main difference appears on the international minutes and internet traffic that you may benefit. As a rule, postpaid plans include more benefits, for example you have for your prepaid plan 500MB internet traffic for 5EURO, while on a 10EURO subscription you will get 2GB internet traffic

May 19, 2014
8:57 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

I prefer prepaid because I have had some unpleasant surprises when it comes to my bill. They also often did not know what caused this high bills when I called customer service and thus they could not do anything about it. 

If I’d have the money, I’d have gotten my Galaxy S4 without a contract, maybe only a contract for internet but I would have liked to pay the costs of calling and texting beforehand. I only use internet, and I don’t even come near to using all of the minutes of calling I’m paying for. 

The following users say thank you to Extace for this useful post:

legionnaire, Costin
May 25, 2014
1:56 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Extace said
I prefer prepaid because I have had some unpleasant surprises when it comes to my bill. They also often did not know what caused this high bills when I called customer service and thus they could not do anything about it. 

If I’d have the money, I’d have gotten my Galaxy S4 without a contract, maybe only a contract for internet but I would have liked to pay the costs of calling and texting beforehand. I only use internet, and I don’t even come near to using all of the minutes of calling I’m paying for. 

I don`t want to disappoint you, but troubles will appear even if you use prepaid services. For example, I was convinced that I charge my subscription with 5EURO as usual, but I got home, no credit on my account, there were some troubles with the transaction that day

In the end, there are benefits and disadvantages for both options, it`s important to choose what`s best for you

May 27, 2014
4:30 am
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15

At the moment I use Prepaid, because it allows me the freedom I need! First of all you don’t need an identity card to buy one and then you only charge when you have the money! with Postpaid you have to pay every month! what do you do if you do not have money this month to say like that? ( this refers of course to specific social categories young people without a job teenagers..etc)

With the prepaid plan I have tons of messages, minutes, internet Facebook you name it with just 6$! and the postpaid do not offer the same advantages!! you can also wake up with disastrous surprises from post paid like immense bills to pay and 0 understanding from the company!! you know it’s their mistake most of the times and you have to pay for it… it doesn’t seem fair to me!Confused

The following users say thank you to silvinyo for this useful post:

Costin
May 30, 2014
3:07 am
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26

I’ve been using prepaid since like forever. I think it is the most suitable plan for me as I don’t use much for calls. Mainly for chat and texting. I also can control my usage according to my budget. I don’t think I will ever need a postpaid plan for my phone.

June 5, 2014
2:20 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

yushi said
I’ve been using prepaid since like forever. I think it is the most suitable plan for me as I don’t use much for calls. Mainly for chat and texting. I also can control my usage according to my budget. I don’t think I will ever need a postpaid plan for my phone.

Never say neverLaugh

You won`t be tempted, not if the smartphone of your dreams will be offered for zero euros or few dollars?

I was like you, saying prepaid is the best, until I signed for my first postpaid plan

June 18, 2014
4:18 am
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Costin said

yushi said

Never say neverLaugh

You won`t be tempted, not if the smartphone of your dreams will be offered for zero euros or few dollars?

I was like you, saying prepaid is the best, until I signed for my first postpaid plan

The telecom providers do never follow our interest! And the idea of a postpaid plan is their way of robbing you!!Yell I don’t understand why people do not see the trick when offering you a cool smartphone or tablet? this way the dazzle you in signing disadvantageous contracts! another issue I don understand in the case of Orange at least is why internet in case of post paid cost so much in comparison with prepaid! This way by perceiving larger  monthly fees they recover their “free smartphone” and much more and you live with the illusion of a bargain!

Prepaid is better and I certainly shall not ever sign a contract for any smartphone, not even if it able to cook !!Wink

Cheers!

August 23, 2014
3:20 am
D Warner
Bronze
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 47
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like to use Prepaid plan
As i am not lomger talker & addicted with sms or internet.
I use a prepaid plan which one gives me sms bundle in cheap price & monthly internet data!
So I have not need any postpaid planjust happy with my simple prepaid package!Laugh

September 9, 2014
3:42 am
Raisaa
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 401
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its all about Postpaid plan, at least I don’t need to get worried at midnight when I badly needed of talking & my postpaid is always there with a big smile. But I did get angered several times when I had prepaid plan, you know “your prepaid plan has the empty balance whenever you need that most…” Wink

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today yoki61
Upcoming sirajdte

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019