Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

False charges/bills | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
False charges/bills
Does it really happen?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 12, 2014
12:29 pm
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I was wondering, did it happen to you/your family, friends or you just heard about the situation when the operator charged non existant services, calls etc..? We all know that their goal is maximum profit but would they go so far? How to prove it? Here in Croatia there were a lot of stories about T-Com charging people for phone calls they didn’t make, service they didn’t order, but it never happened to me (hopefully). Laugh

May 12, 2014
3:07 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

It wasn`t quite false, I lost my phone and the lucky one to find it, used for international calls. Until I managed to announce the loss and asked the temporary close of my contract, that person talked for 20EURO, that I had to pay, but the company returned my money in monthly discounts to my bill

Sad to hear those stories in your country, maybe people should gather in customers organizations and try to prove the flaws. Singular voices aren`t very suggestive to authorities, but a big common voice would make the difference

May 12, 2014
7:04 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

No, it never happened to me or to anyone that I know, probably this happens to people who have contracts with T-com or any operator for that matter?  I guess this is another reason to choose the prepaid plan.

May 13, 2014
1:56 am
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members

Thank you kindly for your opinions. I appreciate the thought, that it is more safe to use a prepaid version, but what about all the savings, free (or significantly cheaper) cellphones, and all other things they use to attract people to postpaid plans?

http://www.cleartalking.com/ma…..iders/608/

May 13, 2014
10:07 am
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

Well, I guess nothing is 100% satisfying, and it’s up to you to choose which one works better for you, for example the postpaid plan is better for the people whom the phone is a big part of their job, as for this people the prepaid is very expensive.

The following users say thank you to Talla for this useful post:

legionnaire
May 13, 2014
3:45 pm
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members

Exactly, like the man said: fool me once, shame on you… fool me twice – shame on me Laugh It is a neccessary evil and we should choose the less evil – evil. Which is individual, but I believe in this times, for non-commercial use, with the potential that mobile internet is giving us (free calls on Viber, messaging on Facebook, Whatsapp etc.)… We don’t really need to pay much :)

May 14, 2014
4:16 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

legionnaire said
Thank you kindly for your opinions. I appreciate the thought, that it is more safe to use a prepaid version, but what about all the savings, free (or significantly cheaper) cellphones, and all other things they use to attract people to postpaid plans?

http://www.cleartalking.com/ma…..iders/608/

Generally, carriers are interesting in selling more subscriptions, postpaid plans as you say, since those customers are bond to the company for at least 12 months, while the prepaid customers might forget to charge their accounts, so marketing is more aggressive for the first category

I`m both prepaid customers (my personal number) and postpaid one (the number used for job), recently there is no big difference between the two of them: contracts have gone down, to the level of 5-7EURO, just to be sure people will keep signing for 12 months, while the SIM cards tend to offer more services within the minimal level of 5EURO. So, it`s up to you to choose, maybe you need a new phone, maybe you need international minutes, try to compare all promotion on the market and choose the best for you

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

legionnaire
May 15, 2014
4:32 am
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members

I totally agree with you, and I am amazed by the prices of plans, only 5-7 € per month? Wow, I wish the prices were alike here. I believe that the minimum is 14 € per month with T-com. I guess we just need more competition to bring the prices down.

May 17, 2014
12:13 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

legionnaire said
I totally agree with you, and I am amazed by the prices of plans, only 5-7 € per month? Wow, I wish the prices were alike here. I believe that the minimum is 14 € per month with T-com. I guess we just need more competition to bring the prices down.

About five years ago, telecommunication services were similar to your rates, naturally updated to that context. Then it happened something that changed the tide: Orange entered the market with an aggresive strategy, Vodafone purchased a local business (Connex) and the third rival, Cosmote promised to offer everything that the first ones can`t do. From this clash of titans, that continues even today, the customers are the happy actors, taking advantage of constantly cheaper prepaid or postpaid plans

Once the competition will emerge into your local market, be sure you will pay less than 14EUROLaugh

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

legionnaire
May 18, 2014
3:16 pm
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh I cannot wait for that to happen! I sincerely do not know what they are waiting for… This prices now are really an outrage!

May 19, 2014
8:54 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have had problems with Vodafone in the past. I posted this story in another topic, but will summarize it here.

I recently got a Galaxy S4. As an existing customer at Vodafone I chose the quick way and put the contract on the name it has always been on. I later changed my mind (rather have all my bills at ONE bank account), so I changed the name on the contract. I was not told it’d cost money, but later I noticed I had a bill of €15 more than I expected. I did, of course, not like this and to a poor student that’s quite money. I called the customer service and they were very helpful, but they did not change it. 

I also once used the “internet abroad blox” they offer in my country (The Netherlands). I got a message from one of the phone numbers Vodafone uses to reach you, telling me it’d cost about €5/day as long as I sent a specific message back if I wanted to use it. I did, but later that month I got a bill that was €60 more than I expected. The customer service never managed to solve this mystery either.

The following users say thank you to Extace for this useful post:

legionnaire
May 21, 2014
3:54 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Extace said
I have had problems with Vodafone in the past. I posted this story in another topic, but will summarize it here.

I recently got a Galaxy S4. As an existing customer at Vodafone I chose the quick way and put the contract on the name it has always been on. I later changed my mind (rather have all my bills at ONE bank account), so I changed the name on the contract. I was not told it’d cost money, but later I noticed I had a bill of €15 more than I expected. I did, of course, not like this and to a poor student that’s quite money. I called the customer service and they were very helpful, but they did not change it. 

I also once used the “internet abroad blox” they offer in my country (The Netherlands). I got a message from one of the phone numbers Vodafone uses to reach you, telling me it’d cost about €5/day as long as I sent a specific message back if I wanted to use it. I did, but later that month I got a bill that was €60 more than I expected. The customer service never managed to solve this mystery either.

There is something wrong with Vodafone`s customer care, I didn`t have so serious troubles like you, but when I wanted to close my subscription (I even wrote a request in front of a sales representative), Vodafone forced me to pay a month extra

Such in your case, the reason is a mystery, but it surely made me avoid signing another subscription in Vodaone network for a long time

September 9, 2014
5:08 am
Raisaa
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 401
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes it happens Frown. I faced two times. That was really ridiculous… My fault was to receive phone calls from the service provider (sometimes operators in our country makes automatic promotional calls to their customer), I received the call & it started to cut my balance. Their customer service informed me that I activated some service & service charge for that service is reducing my balance. This was really embarrassing & since then I never receive promotional calls. Kiss

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today yoki61
Upcoming sirajdte

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019