Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Free calls | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Free calls
Viber and..?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 13, 2014
3:47 pm
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am very amazed of our technical accomplishments, especially of the ones that allow us to use something that is supposed to be payed for, for free :D What do you think of Viber? Do you use it? 

I believe it’s an amazing way to save money, and still, I forget to make the calls using the application.

Do you know an alternative application(s), except Viber? Thank you for your opinion.

The following users say thank you to legionnaire for this useful post:

FastEfficient
May 14, 2014
5:41 am
FastEfficient
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38

Yes, I use Viber.

I’m originally from the UK, and I’m currently living in Australia, with family and friends in multiple parts of the World, and so this is a fantastic way of making international calls for free.

The following users say thank you to FastEfficient for this useful post:

legionnaire
May 14, 2014
8:52 am
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

Absolutely… I was really sceptic at the beginning and believed there was more to it, but it seems to be an amazing application. And free!?!? Do you think they earn only by advertising?

May 16, 2014
9:32 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

legionnaire said
Absolutely… I was really sceptic at the beginning and believed there was more to it, but it seems to be an amazing application. And free!?!? Do you think they earn only by advertising?

I share your opinion:) To my shame, it was my girlfriend who discovered the new wonder and used it for talks with friends living in different countries. I said to myself it`s another vogue on the market, but the app is quite clever, if you want to save money on international calls, the only thing it bothers me is that I have to rotate my HTC, in order to see all the feature of it

I presume advertising is the main financial source, followed by sponsorship perhaps

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

legionnaire
May 23, 2014
10:53 am
adiwira
Members
Forum Posts: 6

legionnaire said
Do you know an alternative application(s), except Viber? Thank you for your opinion.

I am using apps name Line and its free too.

Laugh

May 25, 2014
5:19 am
SebastianM
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Along with Line these is an app called Text Plus. Line is completely free while Text Plus makes you earn your minutes by watching advertisements. however if your friends are on text plus as well the calls are free. Both Line and Text Plus require either 3G or Wifi to work. 

May 25, 2014
1:45 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

SebastianM said
Along with Line these is an app called Text Plus. Line is completely free while Text Plus makes you earn your minutes by watching advertisements. however if your friends are on text plus as well the calls are free. Both Line and Text Plus require either 3G or Wifi to work. 

I used Line for a week. It`s reliable, fast, funny, but from my point of view those stickers (some big white animations) aren`t suitable for an app that is dedicated to both teenagers and businessmen. I think Line should revamp them into a more sober way

I haven`t tested Text Plus so far, but I will, since you mention itLaugh

May 25, 2014
2:19 pm
Rabeea Amjad
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Hi i am using talkray and it works pretty fine in comparison to viber. The voice quality is impeccable with a wi-fi and also you can talk on group call with all the recipients residing in different countries without loss in quality. Personally have tried it and it is amazing.

The following users say thank you to Rabeea Amjad for this useful post:

Costin
May 26, 2014
3:25 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Rabeea Amjad said
Hi i am using talkray and it works pretty fine in comparison to viber. The voice quality is impeccable with a wi-fi and also you can talk on group call with all the recipients residing in different countries without loss in quality. Personally have tried it and it is amazing.

Thanks for the update! So there is something better than ViberLaugh

For the moment, I like the classical design of the app, my girlfriend is addicted to those colorful stickers on Viber, I prefer something more breathableLaugh

Let`s see how it behaves in my hands!

June 4, 2014
8:35 pm
GeronimoJoe
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 66
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wait a second, what is Viber? How does it work?

June 11, 2014
8:58 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

GeronimoJoe said
Wait a second, what is Viber? How does it work?

Viber is a free on Android (I think it`s also available on iOS), that you can use for free messages and voice calls, as long as your internet connection is on. It includes a suite of big, glamorous stickers that my girlfriend simply adores, by the way she discovered the app with her friends, I simply use it to respond by text to her big red hearts

June 17, 2014
10:10 pm
Nikhil Chandran
Members
Forum Posts: 2
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

LINE android application is far better than viber .LINE has best audio quality when compared to viber . Video call also good in LINE. 

August 30, 2014
1:25 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nikhil Chandran said

LINE android application is far better than viber .LINE has best audio quality when compared to viber . Video call also good in LINE. 

I have the same impression, but for the moment everybody seems to stick on Viber

Ironically, when Whatsapp was on top, everybody would use it daily, until Viber appeared on the horizont. Probably when, Viber won`t seem that attractive, everybody would migrate to Line or similar apps

September 9, 2014
3:23 am
Raisaa
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 401
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have Line, Viber, Skype & Tango and I found Viber is best for talking but Tango is best in video quality. These two apps works too good in slow network connection or with wiFi. Alternatively they have PC apps too Laugh so I can easily use them in my android & win 8.1 running PC.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019