Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Video calls | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Video calls
Anyone using them?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 19, 2014
2:49 am
legionnaire
Zagreb, Croatia
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am curious, is anyone here using the video calls available on smartphones? I don’t mean facetime, skype and such, but the original application provided by the cellphone producer itself? Do any cellphone providers even provide such service? Here in Croatia, it is still not available…

May 25, 2014
2:13 pm
Rabeea Amjad
Members
Forum Posts: 3

legionnaire said
I am curious, is anyone here using the video calls available on smartphones? I don’t mean facetime, skype and such, but the original application provided by the cellphone producer itself? Do any cellphone providers even provide such service? Here in Croatia, it is still not available…

Hi,

Only the previous month the 3G service was introduced in Pakistan. It works pretty fine, allows high speed internet and also video calling. The telenor djuice (which i use) service provider are is currently providing the 3G service free of charge.

May 26, 2014
3:14 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Rabeea Amjad said

legionnaire said

Hi,

Only the previous month the 3G service was introduced in Pakistan. It works pretty fine, allows high speed internet and also video calling. The telenor djuice (which i use) service provider are is currently providing the 3G service free of charge.

Good news from Pakistan! Prepare for 4G magic, maybe next year, it`s faster than what you use right now

Related to the original app created by certain manufacturers, I don`t know what to say, I have been using Samsung, HTC and Sony gadgets and haven`t seen something like the way you describe it. Any Android gadget comes with Hangouts preinstalled, which is ok for video call, theoretically there won`t be need for the manufacturer to develop a rival app

On the other hand, Hangouts might annoy you sometimes, for example right now, it seems there is a bug related to video calls, I start one, I see the person I am chatting to, but no sound. I`m so disappointed, that I started to used Tango

June 4, 2014
8:39 pm
GeronimoJoe
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 66

Used it like 3 times. Not really necessary.

September 9, 2014
4:04 am
Raisaa
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 401

Our country has introduced to 3G feature 8 months ago. I used video calling with my smartphone 4-5 times. But I got something- Video calling is best with Apps (Line, Viber, Such), these are cheap & don’t require 3g network where Video calls using service provider at first requires to stay in 3g coverage area. In bangladesh it charges 1.20 BDT ($0.02) per minit video calling but you can video call with your apps for 10+ minits by paying the same.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today yoki61
Upcoming sirajdte

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019