Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Need a mobile service provider suggestion for europe | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Need a mobile service provider suggestion for europe
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
December 2, 2013
7:57 am
Codihype
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello!

I’m traveling to Europe soon and I’m thinking about taking my mobile phone with me.

I think that I will need to use a prepaid service because I’m going to visit more then a single country.

Do you have any suggestions which service provider should i use and if there are prepaid service in Rome, Paris and Amsterdam?

Thank you!

December 4, 2013
3:37 am
Friendlydog
Members
Forum Posts: 1

IDT Europe is a good option.

December 6, 2013
6:48 pm
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49

I’m not sure if T-Mobile are available in Rome but you could try them if its possible.

January 30, 2014
10:45 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Codihype said
Hello!

I’m traveling to Europe soon and I’m thinking about taking my mobile phone with me.

I think that I will need to use a prepaid service because I’m going to visit more then a single country.

Do you have any suggestions which service provider should i use and if there are prepaid service in Rome, Paris and Amsterdam?

Thank you!

Try anytime O2, Orange or Vodafone! All those carriers promote prepaid services, the cheapest ones start from 5-7 EURO. Naturally, there is Cosmote, serving South or Eastern Europe, but I don`t recommend it, since I had an unpleasant experience with a contract including international minutes

February 5, 2014
11:13 pm
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80

Costin said 

Try anytime O2, Orange or Vodafone! All those carriers promote prepaid services, the cheapest ones start from 5-7 EURO. Naturally, there is Cosmote, serving South or Eastern Europe, but I don`t recommend it, since I had an unpleasant experience with a contract including international minutes

Exactly what I wanted to suggest too, though I heard some bad things about Orange like no network in some places. I believe Vodafone is the best of the three you suggested.

February 6, 2014
3:33 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

RedBubble said

Costin said 

Exactly what I wanted to suggest too, though I heard some bad things about Orange like no network in some places. I believe Vodafone is the best of the three you suggested.

It depends what you intend to do with your smartphone or tablet during your European visit. If you focus only on calling, Vodafone is ok, mostly because it grants some international minutes even to prepaid services. O2 provides similar services like Vodafone, but it`s a kind of national pride to German-speaking countries, so if you are travelling there, this carrier is mostly implied, you will make saving using it. 

I prefer Orange for its speedy internet connection and signal provided on the mountains, being a passionate climberSmile

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019