Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Sky Broadband | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Sky Broadband
My experience with Sky Broadband
Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 (3 votes) 
November 15, 2013
6:00 pm
Scott Stevens
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have used Sky Broadband unlimited ‘up to 16 MB’ for a few years now and the service has been disappointing. My main issue with Sky Broadband is the speed of my internet connection. I have tested the speed at multiple websites, my average speed is 2 MB. I am told the reason for this is my location (Hornchurch), we are at the outer edge of the internet exchange my area.

I have phoned Sky and they were not very helpful. I had to wait 20-minutes to speak to a real person and it was a waste of time.

The following users say thank you to Scott Stevens for this useful post:

goddyvips, gajamramesh
December 10, 2013
9:26 am
dasarp
Members
Forum Posts: 2

change you connection to beam fiber..it is the best one.

April 20, 2014
3:41 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

If you can get Fiber in your area it is well worth moving across, you will notice a massive improvement in your service. I am on Sky Fiber and it works great. 

It is also worth mentioning, make sure you leave your router on at all times. 

During the first few weeks your router ‘trains’ itself, so you will get the best speed after a few weeks of the router being switched on

April 20, 2014
3:44 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

Also, out of curiosity, what router have they sent you? Before I went onto Fiber I had a Sagemcom F@ST2304 and it was awful, was a slow connection and kept dropping out. However this router doesn’t support Fiber so when I upgraded I got a F@ST2504, which is much more reliable. 

I dont think Sky send out Sagemcom routers any more though, if you upgrade to Fiber now you will probably receive a Sky Hub which I believe will connect straight to the Fiber line

April 26, 2014
5:37 am
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49

Why do you try Virgin Media? They do have their occasional issues, but overall, their service is fantastic and I honestly can’t fault it much. Fast internet and great support!

May 6, 2014
10:57 am
jonterns
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 21

Scott Stevens said
I have used Sky Broadband unlimited ‘up to 16 MB’ for a few years now and the service has been disappointing. My main issue with Sky Broadband is the speed of my internet connection. I have tested the speed at multiple websites, my average speed is 2 MB. I am told the reason for this is my location (Hornchurch), we are at the outer edge of the internet exchange my area.

I have phoned Sky and they were not very helpful. I had to wait 20-minutes to speak to a real person and it was a waste of time.

I switched from ATT here in the US for the same reasons. I am now with Comcast and have incredible speeds with their usual good service. I wouldn’t ever switch back.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019