Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

The fair cost | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
The fair cost
How much are you willing to pay for your internet service?
Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 Topic Rating: 2.5 (4 votes) 
January 31, 2014
12:24 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Carriers often argue they offer the cheapest solutions for your needs, but what`s the effective amount of money you are willing to pay for 1GB, 3GB or 5GB traffic on your mobile gadgets?

February 1, 2014
7:46 pm
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80

Here in Morocco mobile internet services are still expensive and you would rather use a wifi internet than buying internet specifically for your mobile.

February 2, 2014
4:44 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

RedBubble said
Here in Morocco mobile internet services are still expensive and you would rather use a wifi internet than buying internet specifically for your mobile.

I see it, let`s hope things will get better to your area too. The same situation was in my country five years ago, a customer paying for mobile internet was a king, among his/her friends, sharing his traffic via wifi. I think in 10 years, even the faraway countries in Africa or Asia will benefit of reliable and affordable telecommunicationLaugh

February 6, 2014
7:54 pm
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80

Costin said 

I see it, let`s hope things will get better to your area too. The same situation was in my country five years ago, a customer paying for mobile internet was a king, among his/her friends, sharing his traffic via wifi. I think in 10 years, even the faraway countries in Africa or Asia will benefit of reliable and affordable telecommunicationLaugh

I believe it’s not in the far future, things are getting less expensive everyday because of the new companies starting up with better and cheaper services and the competition between them helps the client getting better products.

February 18, 2014
11:49 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

On one hand, the competition as you pointed is able to reduce costs for customers, but big companies aren`t that fool, they will find strategies to offer more with not very affordable costs.

For instance, today I was called by a Vodafone customer agent, asking me whether I`m not interested in buying a new extraoption granting me more internet traffic and a discount for a new laptop, everything in a 35EURO effort

February 26, 2014
9:37 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

in the philippines for personal use you can get it at 1,000pesos. for business use it can be as high as 5,000pesos.

in singapore the lowers post-paid plan is at 20sgd while for business purposes it is normally at 100sgd.

February 26, 2014
9:48 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

in the philippines for personal use you can get it at 1,000pesos. for business use it can be as high as 5,000pesos.

in singapore the lowers post-paid plan is at 20sgd while for business purposes it is normally at 100sgd.

April 26, 2014
6:53 am
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49

I don’t mind paying around £70 per month for mine, as long as I get quality internet which is actually fast.

April 26, 2014
4:41 pm
jonterns
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 21

I have Comcast and I use my internet for work so I don’t mind paying a higher premium for faster service. My total is around $90 per month and it is lightning fast  no matter how much I use it. I can’t ever go with a slower internet provider now because I am used to that speed. Their customer service isn’t the best, but whose is any more?

April 27, 2014
10:38 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

nothing beats cheap pre-paid connection in phils i guess

sample:

100 phil pesos for unlimited 3 days internet via sun broadband.

30 phil pesos all-text thru all networks via smart telecom

April 28, 2014
12:13 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

agreed what I would not give for a decent unlimited 3g connection when I need it .. 100 PHP is hardly cheap but worth it depending upon connectivity

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

May 15, 2014
1:17 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m paying 10$/month for internet access (unlimitted package) and 3,5$/month for 3G (unlimitted package)

May 15, 2014
9:35 am
Jimmy
Members
Forum Posts: 9
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am in New Delhi, India and I pay around $12 for a 512 kbps connection with unlimited data transfer. However, I would love to spend some extra money if there is a reliable unlimited connection at much higher speed. Sadly, there are no such options available for me.

May 21, 2014
1:03 pm
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m from Romania and in my region I have to pay around 8$ per month for an average speed internet connection! It wouldn’t seem too much to pay but regarding the fact that some people have to work an entire day just to pay for the internet, it doesn’t seem fair to me…Yell( some people pay more for their internet service due to different internet providers)

the prices should be correlated with the wages and living standards! I personally would like to pay less for my internet service!Wink

June 3, 2014
10:30 pm
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am paying $20-$80 monthly for my laptop/ipad broadband with 1Mbps speed average and $7 monthlyfor my mobile phone internet data. 

June 4, 2014
6:52 am
pinceraaz
Members
Forum Posts: 1
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

i have been using Vodafone internet service in NZ and have been paying $80 a month for the internet with limited access of 100 gb. i think this is fair enough for the price i pay and the speed of internet i get. CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

June 4, 2014
7:19 am
azadshubham
Members
Forum Posts: 1
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am using a Airtel broadband connection in Pune, i have taken 40 gb (4 mbps) plan. the service provider told me once i used my 40 gb data i will get unlimited data on 512kbps speed ,but after using my 40 gb data, i am just getting a speed of 200kbps they are not providing the service according to their terms.

June 12, 2014
7:49 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

azadshubham said
I am using a Airtel broadband connection in Pune, i have taken 40 gb (4 mbps) plan. the service provider told me once i used my 40 gb data i will get unlimited data on 512kbps speed ,but after using my 40 gb data, i am just getting a speed of 200kbps they are not providing the service according to their terms.

You can reclaim the fact that you don`t benefit of the services promoted, but carefully the papers you receive. As fact, the clauses that describe the malfunctions of the provider are written with so tiny letter, that people tend to pass over them

June 12, 2014
7:53 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

pinceraaz said
i have been using Vodafone internet service in NZ and have been paying $80 a month for the internet with limited access of 100 gb. i think this is fair enough for the price i pay and the speed of internet i get. CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

Indeed for that impressive amount of internet traffic, it seems to be a fair cost. Do you use it for your business? In my country, there are some benefits regarding the taxes that businessmen have to pay: if you have a postpaid plan, the authorities consider it as cost dedicated to the development of your company, as consequence will offer a 5% discount to your tax

June 15, 2014
11:42 am
srehncy
Members
Forum Posts: 4
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

hi,

I am in Mohali and i use Airtel Broadband for my office. I pay around Rs 1200 per month but the speed is good throughout the month and the download limit is suitable for my requirement. However, competing service providers charge lesser and have higher speed, but Airtel is quite reliable. I would love if they review their charges, though.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Foysal Kader

Top Posters: