Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

SMART telecom | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
SMART telecom
Ok-ish ISP in the Philippines
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
March 16, 2014
3:44 pm
tbiggs
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Im subscribed to Smartbro, a wifi plan from Smart telecommunications here in the Philippines and all in all they’re service has been ok for the current plan that I’m in.

I’ve been subscribed for more 7 years already and they have improved their service because at the beginning it wasn’t all that great. Never mind the frequent disconnects and the poor connection when it’s raining but back then the current plan I was in was supposed to be for around 1MBPS and I was getting only less than .3MBPS. I called support tons of times but every time they say they’re ‘upgrading’ or that there’s a ‘problem’ with the cell site. Fast forward to today and they’ve upgraded the bandwidth and now I’m consistently at 1.7MPBS which is nothing to write home about of course but compared to then, its a marked improvement.

The only thing that went bad recently with SMART was their implementation of their fair usage policy which capped download and upload. I’ve worked out that I’m currently capped at 50gb that while is a big hassle, is something I can work around with. 

One thing I’ve learned living with SMART internet is tinkering with the canopy so that when I’m lagging I can switch to a different cell station within my area to see if I can get a better connection there. The motorolla canopy is accessible by typing 169.254.1.1 on any browser window. First check your ‘color code’ since that’s your cell site. Then go to TOOLS->AP EVALUATION to check the other sites that are available to you. Then you go to CONFIGURATION->RADIO to input the new ‘color code’ which is the new cell tower you want to connect to.

Compared to other ISPs here in the Philippines I’d say I’m in a good place internet-wise especially in the current tier plan that I’m in. Lags once in a while but right now its pretty consistent. I’ve rarely called for support since the upgrade.

March 20, 2014
5:08 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

we have the same provider – smart bro.  shift to smart 3 months back after being a globe broadband customer for 4 years.

happy with there service too. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters: