Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

3g internet in Nicaragua | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
3g internet in Nicaragua
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
April 25, 2014
1:21 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We’ve been having a heck of a time getting online here in Nicaragua.  Every bar or hostel we go to the internet drops and hangs every 10 minutes or so.  We finally broke down and bought a USB stick from Claro.  This thing is awesome.  3g speeds, and only $16usd a month for unlimited internet usage.  Even better, it works when the electric goes out, which is quite often.  I have no idea why people here use cable internet.  This is a much better way to go.

April 29, 2014
12:50 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Could be possible that cable is cheaper in the long run or attaining the actual usb unit itself is too expensive in the area, in PH a lot seem to go with PoE or broadband lines rather than ADSL which does a better job here… 3G isnt upto par tho

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

May 1, 2014
8:28 am
Paul B
Silver
Members

Krisstoffer said
Could be possible that cable is cheaper in the long run or attaining the actual usb unit itself is too expensive in the area, in PH a lot seem to go with PoE or broadband lines rather than ADSL which does a better job here… 3G isnt upto par tho

I dont know.  $350 to install and $35 a month.  And it goes out when the electric does, which is quite often.  Maybe I’m missing something but $25 for the USB and $16\mo just seems like a way better deal.

May 15, 2014
1:13 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

that’s really expensive with a 3G service. I spend only 3,5$/month for my smart phone 3G

May 15, 2014
3:12 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

Jackson said
that’s really expensive with a 3G service. I spend only 3,5$/month for my smart phone 3G

Does that say $3.5 a month?  That’s insanely cheap.  I just upped another month for $16.

May 23, 2014
3:00 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Hello!
Is 3G the ultimate vogue there? 

If that`s so, when 4G will appear on the horizon, rates will increase a little bit

For example, in Romania the cheapest 4G monthly subscription is estimated at 15EURO

August 21, 2014
2:24 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

Sorry, I can’t say that I know if the Vogue is here…I haven’t heard anyone talk about it or seen it advertised anywhere. I think in Nicaragua we are still in the land of 3G….but I am sure 4G won’t be too far behind, as they are eager to keep up with the technological boom of the rest of the world. It may take a little longer, but if it exists, they want it, so only a better if time. Ill let you know if I hear anything else.

August 23, 2014
7:44 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Paul B said
Sorry, I can’t say that I know if the Vogue is here…I haven’t heard anyone talk about it or seen it advertised anywhere. I think in Nicaragua we are still in the land of 3G….but I am sure 4G won’t be too far behind, as they are eager to keep up with the technological boom of the rest of the world. It may take a little longer, but if it exists, they want it, so only a better if time. Ill let you know if I hear anything else.

The implementation of 4G depends on a whole suite of factors. For example, in my country it would have been implemented 6 months before (that is November 2013), but the local authorities requested a lot of fees to be paid, so they have to fiercely negotiate with the telecommunication companies involved, to reach an agreement

Now, I have Romanians got tired of 4G (it`s available for free on subways and other public spaces) and are waiting for something more, I presume 5GLaugh

Keep us updated!

August 23, 2014
2:24 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

Just talked to a friend yesterday who has a 4G phone….it is currently not working and he was joking about getting a 5G…so I guess Nicaragua is on top of the tech world…just not the rest of civilization.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019