Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

4G in India | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
4G in India
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
April 25, 2014
10:28 pm
Adi
TN, India
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 11
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Airtel India was the to launch 4G services in India and Kolkata was the first city that received this gift. First 4G services were officially launched on April 10, 2012. Back in the 2012, 4g in India did not Support most mainstream phones including Apple iPhone 4s/5, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S4 and some others.

14 months later after a reasonable success Airtel made their 4G services available for more cities which were Bangalore, Pune and Chandigarh.

In the mid 2013 Reliance Com entered this sector to compete against the Monopoly, Airtel, which some say was an utter failure.

-Adi

Sr.Staff @ CommGaming.com

April 28, 2014
12:23 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Adi said

Airtel India was the to launch 4G services in India and Kolkata was the first city that received this gift. First 4G services were officially launched on April 10, 2012. Back in the 2012, 4g in India did not Support most mainstream phones including Apple iPhone 4s/5, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S4 and some others.

14 months later after a reasonable success Airtel made their 4G services available for more cities which were Bangalore, Pune and Chandigarh.

In the mid 2013 Reliance Com entered this sector to compete against the Monopoly, Airtel, which some say was an utter failure.

so Reliance Com is doing what – based on numbers seems not a lot, how is the 4G service, more info :)

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

April 29, 2014
9:22 am
Jimmy
Members
Forum Posts: 9

I don’t think there is much scope for 4G service in India right now. Even the 3G service is a bit costly and most of the people still use 2G for mobile Internet.

April 30, 2014
1:57 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Jimmy said

I don’t think there is much scope for 4G service in India right now. Even the 3G service is a bit costly and most of the people still use 2G for mobile Internet.

I dont think i could cope even looking at a 2G wap website ever again in my life.. scary

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

May 15, 2014
1:14 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

What is 4G used for ? 3G is recently doing almost of my work rarely well

May 27, 2014
10:59 pm
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26

I hope you don’t mind if I ask what’s the different between 3G and 4G? I know both of them are for the internet but I don’t really understand the difference therefore I can’t judge whether they are doing a good job or not.

August 24, 2014
2:48 pm
Twinkle Jain
Members
Forum Posts: 8

Aircel has recently launched 4G services in J&K and Tamil Nadu. It has also announced 4G launch in Bihar, Orissa, Assam and Andhra Pradesh.  But there is still no proper information on the charges and rates. I believe it is the only service provider with all the three networks 2G, 3G and 4G. It will be interesting to see how airtel and aircel compete with each other. Hope that more 4G compatible phones will be available in the near future.

August 25, 2014
8:49 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

yushi said
I hope you don’t mind if I ask what’s the different between 3G and 4G? I know both of them are for the internet but I don’t really understand the difference therefore I can’t judge whether they are doing a good job or not.

The major difference is related to speed. For example, in my country if I wish to download a multimedia content, the speed is estimated at 150 Mbps (in the case of 3G, you would have to wait up to 200 Mbps)

Depending on your provider offer, subscription with 4G internet traffic are accompanied by HD services, transforming your conversation into clearer talks or other benefits

September 8, 2014
3:51 am
Md Din Islam
Bangladesh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 63

Jackson said
What is 4G used for ? 3G is recently doing almost of my work rarely well

4G might be more powerful than 3G.

download speed & browse speed should be faster than 3G.
In my country I am quite happy with 3G too.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019