Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

What do you pay per month for your internet access? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What do you pay per month for your internet access?
Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 (1 votes) 
May 9, 2014
2:23 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have a little Claro USB stick here in Nicaragua.  I only get 3g speed, but am only paying $16 a month.  What are your speeds and how much do you pay?

May 9, 2014
3:26 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I have a similar USB stick used for 3G internet connection, but I pay less, about 10EURO. I have to add that my subscription also include unlimited national minutes in the same network and free access to the company`s TV apps like documentaries or sports

May 10, 2014
11:00 am
Paul B
Silver
Members

Costin said
I have a similar USB stick used for 3G internet connection, but I pay less, about 10EURO. I have to add that my subscription also include unlimited national minutes in the same network and free access to the company`s TV apps like documentaries or sports

Oh man, that’s a lot better deal than I’m getting.  This is the first USB stick I’ve ever had, and I think this is definitely the way to go.  Fast enough for what I need, and no long term contracts.

May 11, 2014
10:56 am
swappy007
Delhi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 62

I am using BSNL broadband in India and i am currently paying about Rs. 750 per month. The speed is decent.

It usually takes 20-30 secs for 1Mb to download. Browsing on youtube is uninterrupted at a 240 px quality. 

I guess its good enough for the price and when compared to other providers in India. 

May 12, 2014
3:11 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Paul B said

Costin said

Oh man, that’s a lot better deal than I’m getting.  This is the first USB stick I’ve ever had, and I think this is definitely the way to go.  Fast enough for what I need, and no long term contracts.

You see, I`m a loyal customer to that company for seven years, naturally some services are discounted and every eurocent is important:)

Try to constantly prospect the market, it`s impossible not to see a newbie emerging and offering more than the old rival brands. The bad thing with new companies in telecommunication is that you don`t know sure how long they would be able to survive on the market

May 15, 2014
1:08 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

10$ per month for all internet access here. With the download speed : 4MB/s

May 15, 2014
4:06 pm
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80

I pay about 25$ a month for internet, it’s pretty decent internet and the speed is good too.

May 16, 2014
5:50 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Jackson said
10$ per month for all internet access here. With the download speed : 4MB/s

I wonder when all your neighbors are connected and probably download something, this speed isn`t affected? Luckily for me, I moved into a new block, only two flats are occupied by now, but I think I will face this problem, when all flats will have owners and at least one of them will be constantly online. Probably I will migrate to my smartphone and the internet traffic included in the subscription I use

May 21, 2014
1:14 am
marilyn
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Hello,

Internet subscription here is something else as we pay so much. It is more like a luxury. Here is how much I pay as the service providers have different plans. Although there are other service providers, what is most popular is the USB stick from service providers with download speed up to 10Mbs. I wonder if it ever reached that speed as they claim.

Standard monthly plan cost $50 (USD Equivalent) and it is not unlimited. You are given up to 5Gb data access with 2.5Gb bonus. Its sufficient for the month for average users but if you are into YouTube Videos, you can exhaust that in a day.

That is quite expensive for the average user so they opt for the $25 plan which is basically a night plan that starts at 9pm and ends at 6am. :( if you are going for this you’ll have a bonus of 1.5Gb which you can access 24/7, when it is exhausted, you’ll then have to make do with the Night plan. :)

This is quite EXPLOITATIVE to say the least. :)

May 21, 2014
12:52 pm
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

hi there!

I’m from Romania Cool

I have a monthly cost around 8$ for my internet service( and it’s unlimited), I think it’s a a fair price. A few years back it was pretty expensive but, now with the competition in the area they had to lower the price…praise the capitalism Kiss they lowered the speed a little bit, but I can handle with the present speedWink

A few months ago I moved back home and reconnected to my old interned provider and they gave me 3 months for free Laugh isn’t this something good…

About the guy with 50$ for 5 GB…. this is internet slavery I must say… it’s to bad things like this are happening…Yell

June 10, 2014
11:19 am
Paul B
Silver
Members
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are several options in Nicaragua. If you are looking for household internet you the most popular choice seems to be Claro, although there are some small competitors. Usually the service is reliable, but power outages here are a major concern. If you in need of constant service I would recommend buying a Claro stick. This allows you to log in anywhere where, even when the power is out. They are good for most work online, but you will eat up your time by downloading videos, even CNN news stories…so be careful. The stick is affordable, even for people on a budget. You can add more money to your stick just like you would a cell phone here, by visiting a pulperia. The other option is to take the promotion of unlimited time when you buy the stick and each money go replace the chip within the stick with another promotion.

June 14, 2014
2:19 pm
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here in Morocco I use a USB stick too, and 3g speed, but I pay about 24$ a month.

June 15, 2014
11:31 am
srehncy
Members
Forum Posts: 4
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, 

I am India and I use Airtel Broadband. I pay around Rs 1199 per month for my service.Wink

August 3, 2014
4:34 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

I live in Morocco and I used USB stick, I’m subscribed with Inwi and I pay 10$ per month.

August 4, 2014
7:38 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

Talla said
I live in Morocco and I used USB stick, I’m subscribed with Inwi and I pay 10$ per month.

A pretty affordable cost for your service, I was curious about your internet traffic? Is it at least 1GB? Perhaps 3G?

August 8, 2014
2:28 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just heard from some friends in the Corn Islands of Nicaragua that they are currently paying $10 a week for unlimited time on the internet stick. This is a remote area, so maybe that explains the high cost. The rest of Nicaragua it is relatively cheap. More like $8 a month. Big difference.

August 9, 2014
7:27 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul B said
Just heard from some friends in the Corn Islands of Nicaragua that they are currently paying $10 a week for unlimited time on the internet stick. This is a remote area, so maybe that explains the high cost. The rest of Nicaragua it is relatively cheap. More like $8 a month. Big difference.

This cost is similar to what a customer can get in Europe too, the only disadvantage that the speed isn`t very satisfactory, sometimes your internet connection is down, but all is admited, since you can access internet anywhere you might go

It`s not very fair, but if you choose a $7 or $8 subscription, your internet traffic will be mostly limited to 500MB, while for $10 you will absolutely get 1GB internet traffic

August 23, 2014
2:31 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

That also seems to be my understanding here in Nicaragua. I guess it all comes down to what you need the internet for. If you are going to do a lot of streaming I would think you would need more data space and speed, if all you is doing is looking at email and maybe checking the news it would seem it doesn’t really matter as long as you have access. Do be aware at least with the Claro stick, if you are paying for time, and don’t have unlimited time your time starts when you log in and keeps going until it runs out. You can not start and sop it during the day…and if you play videos, even news clips it will pull your time much faster then you are expecting.

September 5, 2014
9:57 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am using Fibre Broadband at 200MBPS and pay US$30 for the service in Singapore. It gives me unlimited internet surfing.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

September 9, 2014
4:29 am
SakiB
Bronze
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 62
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

it’s maximum 5$ as i do not use internet by my pc regularly.
actually i have a smartphone & i take daily internet at cheap rate.
So its quite simple cost for my monthly internet access.Laugh

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None