Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Mobile/Internet Ebilling vs Conventional Billing | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Mobile/Internet Ebilling vs Conventional Billing
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
June 3, 2014
10:25 pm
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Everyone is starting to think for environment now. Every bank, every utility account are now giving us option to only receive ebill(billing by email/download) rather than the printed out one. Do you think it is wise to do so? Pros and Cons?

June 5, 2014
12:47 am
FastEfficient
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38

I remember getting online mobile phone bills six years ago! I personally don’t see much of a difference, particularly because one can always print their online bill out, if they really wanted to.

Although no doubt, some would still prefer conventional billing as it saves the hassle of going online and logging in to view the bill.

The following users say thank you to FastEfficient for this useful post:

yushi
June 9, 2014
9:33 pm
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26

Yeah, maybe ebilling is still new and more popular with younger generation. I saved them all in 1 folder usually, together with my online payment proof. For me it is quite convenient as I don’t have to go to pay them physically.

The following users say thank you to yushi for this useful post:

Costin
June 10, 2014
5:11 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

yushi said
Yeah, maybe ebilling is still new and more popular with younger generation. I saved them all in 1 folder usually, together with my online payment proof. For me it is quite convenient as I don’t have to go to pay them physically.

I couldn`t agree more, I don`t have time as my parents, who are retired, to go to bank or a pay point to pay my bills. Providers quickly understood the trend and offer support, by implementing proper payment option, as using your credit card to pay your bill directly from your customer account. Others are still old-fashioned, they send you the bill as pdf and you are requested to pay as you please, I generally the internet banking option

June 18, 2014
2:07 am
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80

yushi said
Everyone is starting to think for environment now. Every bank, every utility account are now giving us option to only receive ebill(billing by email/download) rather than the printed out one. Do you think it is wise to do so? Pros and Cons?

It’s definitely wise, I see no use of the paper bill when you can see it online, the banks here are still sending the monthly stats in a mail because they make money out of that, but it’s useless because you can see the same thing online, it’s a marketing move.

September 11, 2014
7:44 pm
lludawg
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38

Ebilling is definitely easier but you have to consider people who try to hack sites to steal people’s information online. You would not want your credit card information to get in the hands of hackers!

September 13, 2014
3:54 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

lludawg said
Ebilling is definitely easier but you have to consider people who try to hack sites to steal people’s information online. You would not want your credit card information to get in the hands of hackers!

You pointed a delicate detail about ebilling, but as far as I noticed, telecommunication providers constantly improve their security system, in order to avoid this situation

I use ebilling service for three years and it didn`t happen anything wrongLaugh

September 19, 2014
3:49 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

internet billing is ok for me. i just access it on a secured connection. accessing it outside or via free wifi is really a big no no.

September 19, 2014
5:08 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78

I think e-billing is really very handy. We opted out for paperless billing because it’ll save us a few money monthly (we have to pay extra for the billing if we opt to keep on getting it through the mailbox). Besides, it’ll be easy to check online how much we consume everyday or every week.

October 11, 2014
2:41 am
radoaneee
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ebilling is definitely easier than the conventional billing…Smile but you have to consider people who try to hack sites to steal people’s information online. You would not want your credit card information to get in the hands of hackers!

October 18, 2014
3:03 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

agree. but nowadays, there is a stricter security validation process to make sure out ebilling is hack or fraud free.

December 14, 2014
1:15 am
Martin
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes I believe it’s good option which can help us to reduce paper use and we can have our bills done faster and easy way so no need to wait for paper bill.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019