Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Why Should I Change from the Android to the IPhone - Advantages??? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Why Should I Change from the Android to the IPhone - Advantages???
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
September 17, 2014
3:44 pm
tfive14
Members
Forum Posts: 9
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am a long time Android user. I have many friends that carry the iPhone and see it everywhere. I have long wondered the advantages and preferences to the iPhone over an Android. Can you share some of the reasons it would be a better buy to switch to the iPhone? Thanks.

The following users say thank you to tfive14 for this useful post:

Costin
September 18, 2014
3:17 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I ended appreciating Android, since I had a bad experience with iOS, so I can`t answer as a loyal fan of iPhone would do

What I can say is that Android models are more reliable for daily tasks, while iPhone is a more glamorous model with a fine design, but I don`t see it going underwater as some Xperias

September 19, 2014
2:17 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

In my experience, Android phones tend to have a variability in terms of hardware specs and quality. The apps released for the Android also don’t have to pass quite as rigorous of testing from what I recall.

However, you can get Android phones far cheaper than any IPhone, even older models. Yeah, there’s risk in getting a bad model of Android if you’re not careful. Read reviews, shop around, you’ll probably find a nice one.

IPhone on the other hand tends to be very much what people expect in a more expensive product, their quality control is pretty tight.

September 19, 2014
9:10 pm
lludawg
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38

In my opinion, iPhones are great because you know you are getting a high quality product. Samsung has a larger line-up of phones and may be cheaper but some of their phones are not very powerful. I have the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X and it is quite slow. However, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is definitely up to par with the iPhone.

September 20, 2014
12:33 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

lludawg said
In my opinion, iPhones are great because you know you are getting a high quality product. Samsung has a larger line-up of phones and may be cheaper but some of their phones are not very powerful. I have the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X and it is quite slow. However, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is definitely up to par with the iPhone.

Yeah, that’s a very good point. With the IPhones, they’re all meeting a certain CPU spec, and for the specific series they’re all using the same processor I believe. However, android phones and devices can vary a lot there and you may get a device that can’t run apps effectively.

September 26, 2014
2:48 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Cellnut said
In my experience, Android phones tend to have a variability in terms of hardware specs and quality. The apps released for the Android also don’t have to pass quite as rigorous of testing from what I recall.

However, you can get Android phones far cheaper than any IPhone, even older models. Yeah, there’s risk in getting a bad model of Android if you’re not careful. Read reviews, shop around, you’ll probably find a nice one.

IPhone on the other hand tends to be very much what people expect in a more expensive product, their quality control is pretty tight.

Ironically, even apps on iOS can be a headache, it depends on what you intend to use. If you download apps from a developper little known, you have all the chance on both platforms to come acros a bad app

Android constantly developed, similarly to iOS, usually older versions are slower and don`t receive security updates, so whether you like it or not, you would use your old Android-based smartphone for buy back, to purchase a better model 

September 28, 2014
3:23 pm
SakiB
Bronze
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 62

I actually no experience about iPhone but there is some problem in iPhone for any problem as far as I know.
iPhone have own system for leading this but best to him who like these updated phone every year

October 9, 2014
1:42 pm
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53

I don’t have any first-hand experience with iPhones, but I find it interesting that almost everyone in this thread is citing “high quality” as their main reason for going the Apple route. Yet within my circle of friends, the ones who have iPhones are the ones who are always complaining that every time there’s a significant update, they’re off to the Apple store because their phones won’t work at all. They’re also the ones who are most often asking for contacts again when they get mysteriously ‘wiped’. My question is, when you all say “quality” do you mean physical construction; because I honestly can’t recall any of my Android friends complaining as much. Or is it simply that iPhone people like to talk about their phones so much that they even like to say bad things about them? ;)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019