Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Are IPhones worth the cost? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Are IPhones worth the cost?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 10, 2014
12:46 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

For many, the answer would be yes, they’re worth the cost. You’ll find many teenagers and young adults going nuts over the latest IPhone every chance they get. But, is it worth the cost to buy Apple? Some people buy Apple and only their brand, simply on the basis of peers owning them, or because their last device worked so well. It’s given Apple quite an edge to have that market consistency, but I personally feel that other devices on the market can compete just as well.

I think my next smart phone will likely be an Android, simply because it’s cheaper and for me at least, performs similar functions.

November 11, 2014
7:23 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

Cellnut said
For many, the answer would be yes, they’re worth the cost. You’ll find many teenagers and young adults going nuts over the latest IPhone every chance they get. But, is it worth the cost to buy Apple? Some people buy Apple and only their brand, simply on the basis of peers owning them, or because their last device worked so well. It’s given Apple quite an edge to have that market consistency, but I personally feel that other devices on the market can compete just as well.

I think my next smart phone will likely be an Android, simply because it’s cheaper and for me at least, performs similar functions.

I would agree with you there, its very much a fashion statement. 

A few months ago someone wanted the photos off their phone on their PC, they were PAYING money to use the “iCloud” yet through a standard web browser there was no access to the pictures. I was completely baffled, customers think they are getting these great services because they are paying for them ……. yet google has exactly the same…. for free…… it just isn’t trying to force them in your face for more money.

I think Apple is very much about clever marketing, and if you think about when the original iPhone came out, it was extremely high spec compared to what else was out there, Android wasn’t a household name, people were used to Nokia’s.

People are now realising that actually other phones out there have caught up and even got ahead of Apple in many ways.

I have a note 3, and Samsung get so much hassle for plastic screens/backs, tell you what though, its better than glass ones that shatter like the iphone ….. and better than metal ones like HTC which get too hot on your car dashboard. So really I think it’s about how you’re going to use the phone and whats best for you. 

November 27, 2014
2:12 am
§ömå Rö¥
Members
Forum Posts: 1

its probably true.The iPhone is a cool little gadget, it’s not without its flaws. Some customers claim that sound quality on phone calls is unpredictable.When considering the purchase of an iPhone, don’t forget that the purchase price of the phone isn’t your only cost.If you plan on using the iTunes function to download music/movies to your iPhone, you’ll have to add costs in, too. A lot of people might think that’s a lot of money for a telephone gadget. But the choice is always yours.

December 22, 2014
7:58 am
shere1895
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 85

The actual iphone 3gs 6 is actually out and about in full push after over the month of being available. It’s Apple’s newest flagship smartphone and while several people are thinking about buying the most up-to-date and also greatest, various other potential buyers are looking for older iphones for a more cost-effective cope.

Apple company however carries your iphone 3gs 5s, and also I will pick up one for $99 basically sign a new two-year contract. Another thing which enables your iphone 3gs 6 a terrific acquire would be the larger screen as well as the thinner design and style, which usually potential buyers will cherish. The actual iphone 3gs 5s’s 4-inch screen isn’t horrible, nevertheless I’ll can’t stand it as soon as We experiment with your iphone 3gs 6’s four. 7-inch screen and even your iphone 3gs 6 Plus’s 5. 5-inch screen.

http://www.cleartalking.com/main/qa

December 23, 2014
2:30 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

iPhone is a great smartphone, it has all the important apps and options any smartphone user may ask for, but make sure to know the pros and cons before buying it.

I personally think the iPhones are too pricy.

December 23, 2014
4:43 pm
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Frankly, I think the Samsung line is as good as Apple…

February 19, 2015
1:41 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

The iPhone are quite expensive. Apple will made a lot of money from the set itself as the cost of manufacturing is less. WHY LESS? It is made in China and its had a big sub contractor doing for them.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

March 28, 2015
12:38 pm
Vincom
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 50

It worth the cost. It’s really good and I agree that iphone and ios are the best phone and os nowaday.

I used to use Android in Sony Z2 but it was not as good as iphone :)

January 30, 2017
12:47 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

jangwl said
The iPhone are quite expensive. Apple will made a lot of money from the set itself as the cost of manufacturing is less. WHY LESS? It is made in China and its had a big sub contractor doing for them.  

Some Android units are produced in Taiwan or other country affected by a certain crisis and the price is still the same, this means business for the manufacturer. It`s a golden rule for ages and probably will continue like this

September 1, 2017
4:55 pm
Latna
Members
Forum Posts: 2
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think its price reply its quality. I like to buy a new version because it’s unique and it really works.

September 6, 2017
8:43 pm
Onnik77
Members
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think they are worth the cost because it costs a lot of money and time to make them also they have the newest features that people want.

December 9, 2019
2:30 pm
Nee Apps
Members
Forum Posts: 4

Its true that iPhones are expensive. But when we consider about the quality speed finishing camera and other features its fair I guess.

https://www.smular.com/

April 10, 2020
12:58 pm
Pencil Diary
Members
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think they are little bit overpriced.

Bluetooth Speaker

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255