Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

IPhone 6, Sprint lease? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
IPhone 6, Sprint lease?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
September 11, 2014
3:23 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sprint seems to be doing something a little bit different compared to most of the wireless Carriers. They’re going to be offering an IPhone 6 lease plan where you lease the phone for $20 a month + $50 for service. After two years you supposedly turn the phone in for a newer IPhone model.

It’s interesting and I can see some benefit in it for people that don’t intend to actually have ownership of their device. However, when leasing the device, the consumer is fully liable for the device, hence, you’re best bet is going to be to also have insurance for it which would be a little bit more.

Bottom line, you’re still paying $480 + insurance for the IPhone 6 through Sprint’s lease plan over the course of the two year period.

September 13, 2014
4:03 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Apparently, in Europe the new iPhone 6 will cost even more, due to tax needed for international trading

I haven`t read anything about the insurance, but in the case of old iPhones I remember it was about $30-$40

September 15, 2014
2:40 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

539 pounds for the UK IPhone 16GB. That’s, over $200 more than the US version at $649 with today’s currency conversion. That’s insane to me, but if the IPhone is as popular in the UK as it is in the US, I doubt they’ll have issues selling it.

I’m unsure about insurance myself, because if you tack on a year’s worth of insurance you’re already a fair way towards another 16GB model.  But then again, I do know a lot of people that torture their phones and are very prone of breaking them.

September 16, 2014
11:25 am
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53

Cellnut said
Sprint seems to be doing something a little bit different compared to most of the wireless Carriers. They’re going to be offering an IPhone 6 lease plan where you lease the phone for $20 a month + $50 for service. After two years you supposedly turn the phone in for a newer IPhone model.

It’s interesting and I can see some benefit in it for people that don’t intend to actually have ownership of their device. However, when leasing the device, the consumer is fully liable for the device, hence, you’re best bet is going to be to also have insurance for it which would be a little bit more.

Bottom line, you’re still paying $480 + insurance for the IPhone 6 through Sprint’s lease plan over the course of the two year period.

It seems to me that the Sprint lease is just an advertising gimmick to help reassure folks who get nervous about two-year contracts. By calling it a lease they’re theoretically making the iPhone 6 look more affordable, but with the liability, I don’t see an advantage to leasing instead of buying outright – especially since two years is a standard contract and a new phone can be purchased easily then anyway. I really do think they’re just using the word ‘lease’ as a sweetener with no real benefit.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Foysal Kader

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019