Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Whats app | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Whats app
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
February 10, 2014
8:25 pm
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Are there alternatives to Whats app for Android based phones or does it work everywhere?

February 14, 2014
12:20 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

WhatsApp has an android applicaton also, but other alternatives to it are: skype, hangouts, messenger and viber along with many others.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 17, 2014
11:20 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Try BBM, its design is a little bit old-fashioned, but it performs the same tasks as WhatsApp

February 22, 2014
9:48 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

You may wish to review moving away from WhatsApp, given that Facebook recently purchased them for 16 billion USD you will likely see much tighter integration with Facebook itself. BBM is a good platform.. if you can find any of your friends that use it on their.

February 24, 2014
4:03 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Krisstoffer said
You may wish to review moving away from WhatsApp, given that Facebook recently purchased them for 16 billion USD you will likely see much tighter integration with Facebook itself. BBM is a good platform.. if you can find any of your friends that use it on their.

Honestly, this piece of news made me wonder. Facebook doesn`t purchase anything for the sake of buying things, probably the subscription will disappear,  but what would be the new features?

February 24, 2014
8:50 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

i personally use whatsapp, viber and hangouts on my smartphone.  in my previous blackberry office phone it has bbm.

February 25, 2014
1:54 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

Costin said

Krisstoffer said

Honestly, this piece of news made me wonder. Facebook doesn`t purchase anything for the sake of buying things, probably the subscription will disappear,  but what would be the new features?

Facebook overpaid, regardless of what suckerberg says they paid on average $30 for every user on the platform .. so 450 million * $30 roughly comes to the reported 16-19 billion payout, the subscription service will likely remain but if your a Facebook shareholder your crying right now as the company spent as much on WhatsApp as Google did buying motorola .. difference being ? Google managed to get a portfolio of 15000 patents.. Facebook got an application that people could lose interest in and wont make it’s worth back for years.

March 24, 2014
9:21 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

whatsapp is one of the pioneer apps serving free sms online.  then they managed to be competitive giving free calls also especially when viber was launched.  nowadays there’s alot of apps with the same concept such as kakaotalk, etc.

March 30, 2014
3:15 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

They havent pioneered a single thing, nothing in WhatApp and the whole other range of applications out in the wild is new, this includes even the likes of Viber, skype and all of them we have had all of the technology they are using since the 1980s all that have done is marketed it well and introduced toys on top of what is in basic terms IRC. 

Facebook didn’t purchase WhatsApp cos it’s a pioneer or awesome or anything along those lines, it’s the same reason they purchased instagram – they have lots of users same reason yahoo purchased tumblr – none of these platforms make massive amounts of money in fact Line is the best money earner when lined up against all the big ones. 

March 30, 2014
8:34 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

Krisstoffer said
They havent pioneered a single thing, nothing in WhatApp and the whole other range of applications out in the wild is new, this includes even the likes of Viber, skype and all of them we have had all of the technology they are using since the 1980s all that have done is marketed it well and introduced toys on top of what is in basic terms IRC. 

Facebook didn’t purchase WhatsApp cos it’s a pioneer or awesome or anything along those lines, it’s the same reason they purchased instagram – they have lots of users same reason yahoo purchased tumblr – none of these platforms make massive amounts of money in fact Line is the best money earner when lined up against all the big ones. 

my replies (in general) is based on personal experiences and knowledge as a smartphone user.  though it may be there is the 1980 of course the end-user, normal consumer just had a feel of whatsapp and the like recently.  whatsapp was one of the pioneer free sms downloadable apps in the market.

no one said facebook purchase whatsapp for being a pioneer.

ciao!

April 19, 2014
5:25 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

RedBubble said
Are there alternatives to Whats app for Android based phones or does it work everywhere?

If you don`t want to download any other chat app to crowd your screen, use the old Hangouts. Lately, it has been updated, I`m not saying it`s the best or the most attractive, but I`m tired to change my chat app, according to the vogue. Google`s app is sufficient for the moment

April 21, 2014
5:11 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whatsapp has started to wind me up, the subscription is constantly expiring, I don’t see why I should pay for a subscription when I have so few people on it. 

I think there is too many of these sort of apps now, Ive used Whatsapp, Viber, BBM etc, but theres none that significantly stand out as having a huge number of users. 

Remember MSN messenger? Practically everyone had that on their computer at one time, and it was the best way to communicate with your mates, its kind of a pity MSN didnt keep up and roll it out onto mobile platforms. 

Overall the biggest communication app I use, is sadly, facebook, I really hate it, I will not use their messenger but I do use the inbox, facebook however has significantly got worse over recent years in my opinion, and I would much prefer to use google hangouts, however despite google having a great product it is struggling to grow its market share, no doubt due to the amount of people with Apple devices. 

April 24, 2014
2:56 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ste Crook said
Whatsapp has started to wind me up, the subscription is constantly expiring, I don’t see why I should pay for a subscription when I have so few people on it. 

I think there is too many of these sort of apps now, Ive used Whatsapp, Viber, BBM etc, but theres none that significantly stand out as having a huge number of users. 

Remember MSN messenger? Practically everyone had that on their computer at one time, and it was the best way to communicate with your mates, its kind of a pity MSN didnt keep up and roll it out onto mobile platforms. 

Overall the biggest communication app I use, is sadly, facebook, I really hate it, I will not use their messenger but I do use the inbox, facebook however has significantly got worse over recent years in my opinion, and I would much prefer to use google hangouts, however despite google having a great product it is struggling to grow its market share, no doubt due to the amount of people with Apple devices. 

That`s why I gave up on it, although is quite attractive and catchy

You are right about their similarities, but Facebook is a nightmare for me. Rather checking the messages there, I would love to see my friends sending an email. Honestly, spamming is too massive on Facebook, I get messages from very unknown faces and businesses, that I got used to reject all the time

April 25, 2014
3:42 pm
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve always generally hated WhatsApp. I don’t really know why, I just do. All my friends use it, but I’m the odd one out and one of the only person who isn’t currently using it out of my group. I guess I’ve always preferred Facebook.

May 14, 2014
3:56 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

As you may know, Facebook recently bought WhatsApp. This has made a lot of people paranoid (Facebook does not seem to respect your privacy that much), so a lot of people I know have moved away from WhatsApp. I know many who started using Kik. It’s pretty easy to use and it looks nice, but I don’t know how safe that is. It’s always worth a shot!

May 14, 2014
12:42 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

Extace said
As you may know, Facebook recently bought WhatsApp. This has made a lot of people paranoid (Facebook does not seem to respect your privacy that much), so a lot of people I know have moved away from WhatsApp. I know many who started using Kik. It’s pretty easy to use and it looks nice, but I don’t know how safe that is. It’s always worth a shot!

Exactly, I hate facebook, and as soon as they bought whatsapp i immediately stopped using it.  The only reason facebook bought them was for our personal info.  i’ll go with something else now I guess.

May 15, 2014
1:27 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m using Whatsapp to communicate with my customers from all over the world. Great app ever !

May 18, 2014
8:34 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul B said
Extace said

Exactly, I hate facebook, and as soon as they bought whatsapp i immediately stopped using it.  The only reason facebook bought them was for our personal info.  i’ll go with something else now I guess.

Google isn’t all that good, either! It sometimes scares me how much they are allowed to know about me. It’s choosing between one bad thing or the other really.

May 27, 2014
1:37 am
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am considering to download it as I am currently is using the other type of apps. I saw this apps on the store and I was thinking to give it a try. I will give my review once I start using it for some time.

August 24, 2014
7:09 am
SakiB
Bronze
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 62
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes. In my area this is a awesom app as known to all.
All of my friends like this app for chatting each other for a long time.

The stickers gave on it just magnificent. I like this app very much. Work good on my android phone.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Foysal Kader

Top Posters: