Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Opinions on Twitter for Business | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Opinions on Twitter for Business
Twitter - any good for business?
Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 (1 votes) 
May 8, 2014
10:49 pm
Sam Jones
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My boss has tasked me with figuring out which social media programs are good for business..he’s looking at Twitter and Facebook.

I can see Facebook, but Twitter seems so limited…

Anyone have any opinions?

May 9, 2014
3:58 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

It depends on your audience, I mean your customers. For example, in the case of my company, most of our customers and fans are Facebook users, there is no need to tweet important messages, since they will browse only on Facebook

May 9, 2014
8:04 pm
FastEfficient
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38

I think Twitter has the hash-tag # advantage over Facebook, which means people would be able to find your company or product by looking through a particular hash-tag. That said, twitter has set a character limit per tweet, which is currently set at 140, so it can sometimes be a bit hard to fit everything in within the character limit.

The following users say thank you to FastEfficient for this useful post:

Costin
May 11, 2014
11:04 am
swappy007
Delhi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 62

The only advantage i find of twitter is that it is fast. Like really really fast. But having said this, I have experienced that unless you build up a good number of followers in your profile you can keep tweeting all day and still receive no conversions. 

May 11, 2014
3:11 pm
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

It completely depends on the audience in my opinion. It’s always a good thing to be active on twitter as a business though, it gives you more ways of reaching your audience. 

May 12, 2014
2:56 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Too bad that Google+ is still an empty desert, with Google`s ideas for sharing and highlighting in SEO mechanism, the social network could be a reliable business tool. For the moment, Facebook and Twitter make the rules, not even LinkedIn can break this hegemony, although it was designed like a business network

May 13, 2014
12:48 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Extace said
It completely depends on the audience in my opinion. It’s always a good thing to be active on twitter as a business though, it gives you more ways of reaching your audience. 

I have to agree with this. People today expect to see businesses with Facebook and Twitter accounts. It takes some ingenuity to convey a lot of information in 140 characters but it can be done. (Using tiny urls for links, for example.)

The idea is for businesses to use Twitter in a unique way…in an “urgent” way…so that once people *do* find the Twitter account of a business, they have a reason to check back again and again.

Perhaps use it to offer specials on certain products that have to be redeemed immediately…

May 14, 2014
3:49 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

thethunderchild said

Extace said

I have to agree with this. People today expect to see businesses with Facebook and Twitter accounts. It takes some ingenuity to convey a lot of information in 140 characters but it can be done. (Using tiny urls for links, for example.)

The idea is for businesses to use Twitter in a unique way…in an “urgent” way…so that once people *do* find the Twitter account of a business, they have a reason to check back again and again.

Perhaps use it to offer specials on certain products that have to be redeemed immediately…

I agree with you! Twitter should be used in another way than Facebook. When using Twitter, you cannot write beautiful stories on how awesome your product is and how people should buy it, you learn to summarize and stick to the absolute minimum. It stands out more to customers.

I learned that when you advertise on Facebook, using pictures is one of the best ways to be seen. If you use text, people will easily scroll past it. I never noticed that using Twitter, customers see that anyway. 

May 15, 2014
1:31 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

The user of Facebook is crowder than Twitter so I think it would be better using Facebook to do business.

May 27, 2014
10:42 pm
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think using Twitter for business is a tricky step as it could do harm or it could do good for your business benefits. You need to come out with genuine conversation with your potential customer instead of spamming them. 

June 30, 2014
9:28 pm
GeronimoJoe
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 66
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually think in the long run that Twitter will help more than Facebook. I can already see it shifting.

September 9, 2014
6:02 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Twitter will be good for you to send short messages across to your business followers. Their purpose to convey promotions that are link to your company website.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

September 9, 2014
1:58 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

jangwl said
Twitter will be good for you to send short messages across to your business followers. Their purpose to convey promotions that are link to your company website.

I think that when Twitter will implement the promised Buy button, it will surpass Facebook in terms of business communication. Now, it`s the option of people keeping it short, those who wish to see more text and picture, lead to the rival social network

October 1, 2014
8:22 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

twitter are one of the best 5 social media means to market your product, lead generation/ sales, brand awareness and promote business links

December 8, 2014
9:47 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

23and14and20 said
twitter are one of the best 5 social media means to market your product, lead generation/ sales, brand awareness and promote business links

I think Twitter is only of use for businesses that want to announce a coupon or a special or something of that nature.

December 12, 2014
2:15 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

thethunderchild said

23and14and20 said

I think Twitter is only of use for businesses that want to announce a coupon or a special or something of that nature.

As you pointed it, Twitter is mostly used for these objectives. I could also notice that whenever a brand opens a new store in a certain area, it usually use Twitter for the announcement, as well as Facebook or Google+

Another reliabe use would be to send invitations for surveys through Twitter, probably they are omitted, when a person checks his/her email, think they would answer later. Twitter is likely to be taken account on the go

January 3, 2024
1:44 am
Car Junction Guyana
Members
Forum Posts: 2
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

Opinions on Twitter for business vary, but many businesses find value in using the platform for marketing, customer engagement, and brand promotion. It provides a real-time and direct communication channel with a large audience. However, success depends on the business goals, target audience, and the effectiveness of the content and engagement strategies employed.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019