Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Future of Stickers in Messaging Apps | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Future of Stickers in Messaging Apps
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 9, 2014
2:54 pm
swappy007
Delhi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 62
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi i am personally of the opinion that stickers introduced in almost every messaging app is not really a strong differentiation. Forget vertical differentiation I don’t even find it worth horizontal differentiation.  The only reason i say so is I will never stop using Whatsapp ( I use Whatsapp like almost 24*7) just because it has bad smileys or bad stickers. 

If ever i stop using it, then it will only be because either there is delay or a lag in message transmission or it limits my ability to add people or if it ever becomes too pricey too afford. 

So sticker or no sticker, just doesn’t make a difference to me. 

May 14, 2014
3:53 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

I agree with you, stickers are just big smileys you cannot use in your text but must send separately. I never use them because I find them annoying, the size of the stickers really bother me. I rather stick with the whatsapp smileys that are small and help you make a point instead of kill the conversation.

May 15, 2014
1:29 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

You right Extace, stickers should be made small enough. There are some stickers with too large sizes. They’re annoying me sometimes.

May 18, 2014
8:23 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

Jackson said
You right Extace, stickers should be made small enough. There are some stickers with too large sizes. They’re annoying me sometimes.

It kind of seems like you don’t know what else to type, so you send a sticker that completely destroys the conversation so that you can start over hahaha

May 19, 2014
6:32 am
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80

swappy007 said
Hi i am personally of the opinion that stickers introduced in almost every messaging app is not really a strong differentiation. Forget vertical differentiation I don’t even find it worth horizontal differentiation.  The only reason i say so is I will never stop using Whatsapp ( I use Whatsapp like almost 24*7) just because it has bad smileys or bad stickers. 

If ever i stop using it, then it will only be because either there is delay or a lag in message transmission or it limits my ability to add people or if it ever becomes too pricey too afford. 

So sticker or no sticker, just doesn’t make a difference to me. 

I rarely use stickers and emoticons, when chatting with friends so it doesn’t make a difference for me either. But it’s something that they should think about, I mean it’s not a hard thing to fix, there should be a specific size for stickers because loading those can the chatting slower.

May 20, 2014
4:05 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

If somebody uses a sticker after each word typed, it`s a bid problem, I can`t make sens of the message. Otherwise, a clever sticker at the end of the message (like a cup of coffee for an invitation) is acceptable. Personally, I use extremely rare those things, I don`t have time to search for the right sticker, I prefer a clear and short message in chat app I use

May 27, 2014
10:50 pm
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26

I honestly think that Stickers are exist for business potential purpose where developers might come out with unique designs and sell them to the apps company and end users. I appreciate and willing to welcome new ideas like this but so far I don’t think I would be paying for stickers.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019