Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Telecommunication market in Moldova | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics Moldova
Telecommunication market in Moldova
emerging market, with two providers fighting for hegemony
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
August 10, 2014
6:29 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Moldova has a strong connection with Romania, it was obvious that one of the Romanian providers to enter the local market. It`s Orange, attempting to draw the attention of customers with incredible offers, that I`m afraid aren`t reliable on the long-term. For example, if you give up your Moldcell services and wish your number to function in Orange network, you will be offered 500MB free internet traffic and calls to three favorite numbers, for a montly subscription of 20EURO

On the other hand, Moldcell is determined to preserve its leader position, by promoting cheap subscriptions, comparing with Orange, which naturally include reduces benefits. For example, you can pay 10EURO for a subscription including 100 national minutes and 100MB internet traffic

August 10, 2014
2:26 pm
laur84
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 29

Indeed, the market existing in Moldova is essential for the development of Orange as major player in Eastern Europe. If Moldova is conquered in terms of attractive services and increasing sales, Orange can think of expanding towards Ukraine and Russia

I was invited to train the new members of Orange family in Moldova and I noticed from my first day that customers are extremely interested in telecommunications, so the mission has correctly started

The following users say thank you to laur84 for this useful post:

Costin
August 23, 2014
8:06 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Personally, I`m feeling a little bit discriminated as Romanian customer, comparing with a customer in Moldova. For example, why I have to get satisfied with using Libon (Orange`s personal chat app) only for national destinations, when customers in Moldova can use it for international calls, paying a small cost, about 0,5 euro?

This is just one example, I have seen at least three major differences, that aren`t quite fair play

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019