Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Protect your phone number when recharging it. | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics Morocco
Protect your phone number when recharging it.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
August 8, 2014
3:09 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I don’t know if you guys know it, but what it’s known as “fast recharge” is very popular here in Morocco, it’s basically a fast way to add credits to your phone by going to the store and give your phone number to the owner in which he will instantly send the credits to you.

The bad side of this is the store owner might share your number or bother with unwanted phone calls, which happened a lot specially to women. Inwi has an effective way to protect your number if you ever needed to use “fast recharge”.

How to activate it: 

1.Send the word “code” to 111.

2.You will receive a code.

3.Use this code instead of your phone number when buying the fast recharge.

Quite easy!

August 9, 2014
10:15 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

What an embarrassing situation in your country with the prepaid services!

Here, at the debut of telecommunication market, sellers used to try cheating you, while recharing. Some would not give your remaining money, saying it cost more than expected, while others would charge double and you order and force you pay more. In less than one year, the situation improved, so I think in your case things will settle soon enough

August 9, 2014
11:40 am
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member

It’s quite annoying and unprofessionally from the store owners to take advantage of your phone number; but I’m glad they are doing something about it, and it’s working!   

August 10, 2014
5:59 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Talla said
It’s quite annoying and unprofessionally from the store owners to take advantage of your phone number; but I’m glad they are doing something about it, and it’s working!   

Generally, if customers don`t seem to complain, no store owner in every corner of the world would bother to change his/her attitude. It`s not professionally, but this is how things develop in trade

I recommend everybody noticing something wrong to ask questions, although he/she would be treated with irony and further, to address to authorities in charge such as Consumer Protection Office. They have nothing to lose, only to win: answers to their questions or the improvement of current measures

August 14, 2014
3:50 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member

If this problem wasn’t happening so often and people didn’t complain about it, I don’t think Inwi or any other operator would try to find a solution for it.

September 9, 2014
2:35 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Talla said
If this problem wasn’t happening so often and people didn’t complain about it, I don’t think Inwi or any other operator would try to find a solution for it.

You know the golden rule of silence: if nobody screams or at least makes some noise, nothing happens

I imagine telecommunication providers as organizations able to anticipate the reaction of their customers, but sometimes I`m wrong

September 10, 2014
7:14 am
Talha
Bronze
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 43

yes i m concern about this and so try to recharge by buying recharge card. in our country female get in problem with recharginh when they recharge by a shopkeeper. all of us should be careful 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019