Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Promotions | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics Nicaragua
Promotions
Promotions for cell phones in Nicaragua
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 31, 2014
1:43 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Here in Nicaragua, there are two main cell providers. Both of which offer tons of promotions daily. These promotions are sent by text message. There are often many messages each day and some of them are just gimmicks. You should take the time to look at them though, as notices of triple (triplica) and other minute promotions are worth knowing about. If you buy time for your phone on these days then your time is automatically multiplied. There are also some promotions where you can send a text message back for things such as 15 minutes for calls to the USA or 10 minutes to Canada or Costa Rica.

June 3, 2014
3:21 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

What`s that? The lottery of good luck?

Leaving the joke behind, your local providers know to play tough, they make users hunt down special promotions. If I were living in your country, probably I wouldn`t have time for that or I would get irritated, if I lose a lovely promotion, but the idea is greatLaugh

July 4, 2014
3:03 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

Trust me…you dont have to hunt them down in the least…if anything they hunt you down! If there is a promotion you will receive a text message alerting you to the promotion and what it is. The pulperias (corner stores) that sell minutes tell you when you go to add time. The company stores put out signs and trucks drive around town announcing the promotion. After you put time on your phone you receive a text confirming this, then you receive one telling you received the promotion then you may even get another text offering you a superbono…where you can text back to receive time for the States, Costa Rica, Canada or the opposing company.

July 4, 2014
3:22 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

Be aware of the promotions for winning money or tickets to concerts. These will use your time to respond and are widely considered scams. Look for the promotions that announce Double, triple or more….these are usually in capital letters and will be available at any of the stores, not by texting a return. The only exception appears to be the ones offering extra time for example “A for 15 min USA/Canada, B for Costa Rica, C for Movistar” these appear to be legitimate and useful if you have a close friend or family member in one of those locations or with Movistar. Most of these expire within the day so be sure to use them if you respond by text. Also read carefully as it is easy to get the wrong letter for your chosen extra time.

July 4, 2014
3:33 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

As I am writing this…there is a Movistar van driving by. They just stopped for promotions to the table next to me. Sometimes it is recharging, sometimes it is new phones or internet. This appears to be recharging. Hard to miss the van with two huge speakers on top blaring their way down the road. 

July 12, 2014
3:27 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

As far as promotions go. Some “pulperias” or corner stores offer promotions that are listed on a white board or other means that offer promotions. If the store recharges for both companies make sure to ask which company the promotion is for. As already posted they usually send texts alerting customers to promotions, so if you have not received this you may end up spending money that is not for a promotion. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today Chanakaf, nikamillone
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019