Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Repairs on cell phones | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics Nicaragua
Repairs on cell phones
repairing phones in Nicaragua
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
June 3, 2014
8:15 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

For those of you that thought you might be smart and buy a phone in the States before traveling to Nicaragua you may want to think twice. Trying to repair a phone…such as a screen on a T mobile smartphone is much harder then you might expect. My friend’s phone has a cracked screen. In one of the most popular towns, San Juan del Sur there is no where to fix this problem. We have taken it to several shops, both here and Masaya and no one can fix it. It is currently on its way to Managua, but hopes are slim. Had it been a phone bought here it would have been able to be fixed in a day….so far we are waiting 4 days and counting.

July 4, 2014
3:42 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

To follow up. This smartphone was never able to be fixed. At least not for a reasonable price under the cost of the phone in the first place. Phones are cheap here and smartphones do not seem to cost more than the ones bought in the States. So save yourself the headache and buy your smartphone in Nicaragua, unless you plan to keep inside a safe where NOTHING can happen to it.

July 6, 2014
10:25 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

In my country, rather than repairing a phone, it`s more affordable to buy another one through a buy back program. For example, you have an old Nokia, which is a classical phone, and you want a smartphone. Leave it for recycling to a provider, it will grant you $10-$15, to buy a smartphone with a postpaid plan

July 7, 2014
7:52 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

You will not find a program like that here in Nicaragua. You may be able to sell it to a friend or someone on the street to re-coup a little of the cost. A lot of locals have resources that gringos do not know about….but still you will only get a fraction of the cost. Most of the times I encounter problems with my phone or my friends I suggest to just sell it to a local for a little bit toward a new phone. Claro or Movistar will not buy back phones.

August 8, 2014
2:47 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

My charger was plugged in when my dog ran past it and ripped out of its casing. I have had this problem before and was not worried. They are easy to put back together. Until I noticed one of the wire connections were broken. I took it down the street to the repair guy and he looked at and managed to pull the second wire lose. I thought I was going to have to buy a new charger. He was able to fix it in less then 5 minutes and it cost me two dollars for the repair job….and it still works a week later!!

August 10, 2014
6:35 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Paul B said
You will not find a program like that here in Nicaragua. You may be able to sell it to a friend or someone on the street to re-coup a little of the cost. A lot of locals have resources that gringos do not know about….but still you will only get a fraction of the cost. Most of the times I encounter problems with my phone or my friends I suggest to just sell it to a local for a little bit toward a new phone. Claro or Movistar will not buy back phones.

Too bad that the local providers in your area didn`t create a buy-back program, it will definitely increase their popularity and sales. Maybe they will implement it during the next periodLaugh

August 11, 2014
12:41 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

That would be nice but I somewhat doubt they will, not when they can just sell you a new phone. Although it is a good idea and if I ever get any say in the matter I will suggest it. Thanks for the info

August 14, 2014
4:44 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

You can buy just about anything you need for a cell phone at a number of stores. Here in Nicaragua you are not limited to the official stores of Claro and Movistar. Here you can jut go around the corner to any electronic store and pick up speakers, headphones, microphones, chargers or accessories such as jeweled cases, work cases, protective covers for smartphones or other items you might desire. The prices are reasonable and you can ask most of these stores if they do repairs, a good number of them do.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019