Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Cell phone Chargers | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics Nicaragua
Cell phone Chargers
Things to be aware of with cell phone chargers in Nicaragua
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
July 9, 2014
3:41 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There are several issues to be aware of when it comes to cell phone chargers in general, but seem even more pertinent in Nicaragua. First, and this just happened to me….dont pull your charger from the outlet just by the back. I did this and pulled the charger apart, leaving the part that goes into the wall exactly there. I was able to put it back together with some common sense….but probably did not do the charger a lot of good. Also, chargers here often look very similar, be careful when using someone else’s charger that it does fit…if you force the charger in you may damage your phone for good. Also, if you are buying a replacement test the charger on your phone. They look so similar it is easy to think you are buying the right thing when it will not work. Trying to “return” things in Nicaragua is not as simple as you might want to believe. Once your money is gone, its gone.

July 11, 2014
12:47 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

How I wish to see an universal charger on the market, something to be used either you own an iPhone, a HTC or a Blackberry. In this case, you don`t have to buy additional chargers, one for home and one for office, if you tend to forgive it and your colleagues can use also your charger

Unluckily, manufacturers are willing to take advantage of their sales, including a common accessory as a charger, so the image won`t be concrete too soon. For the moment, the European Union asked manufacturers in Europe to think of an universal charger, to be implemented starting with 2016

July 12, 2014
3:21 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

I hope this becomes a global movement! I would love to be able to use just any charger instead of running around trying to find something that works when I am away from the house. This would make life so much easier….but I realize is not very likely, especially considering Nicaragua is not exactly the most forward thinking country in the world. In the meantime I have a feeling the search will continue for the correct charger.

July 13, 2014
7:55 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

There is a strong interest of manufacturers to avoid this measure, in every corner of the world

In Europe, European Union imposed several improvements, threatening those manufacturers that will raise the level of taxes existing for production and workforce, as consequence they had to accept lower rates for roaming use, either they like it or not

In the case of universal chargers, I think EU will obtain a positive result, but during the years to come, not very quickly

July 14, 2014
3:16 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

Not that Nicaragua has a say in anything worldwide…but I wish the universal charger would be instituted here sooner than later. Maybe Latin America will step to the plate and be the leader in this campaign….although I highly doubt it. Thank you for the information, I will keep an ear out for advances in this department.

July 16, 2014
6:03 am
laur84
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 29

Paul B said
Not that Nicaragua has a say in anything worldwide…but I wish the universal charger would be instituted here sooner than later. Maybe Latin America will step to the plate and be the leader in this campaign….although I highly doubt it. Thank you for the information, I will keep an ear out for advances in this department.

Never say never, maybe your country will implement the universal charger before any european country

Keep us updated:)

July 16, 2014
4:28 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

Your optimism is refreshing. Thank you. If I hear of this I will be the first to mention it and of course purchase one. In the meantime I will make an effort to charge my phone at home so I am not running around with a dead phone looking at 30 different chargers.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019