Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Samsung Galaxy S4 | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Samsung Galaxy S4
Topic Rating: 3.8 Topic Rating: 3.8 Topic Rating: 3.8 Topic Rating: 3.8 Topic Rating: 3.8 Topic Rating: 3.8 (4 votes) 
November 24, 2013
4:25 pm
75spotty
Members
Forum Posts: 10
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1sp_Permalink sp_Print

This phone has a 13 mega pixel camera and it is beyond amazing, it’s better than the digital camera I bought a few months ago. i’m thinking of buying a tripod for it tho because i can’t get it to work with the tripod i have and i like to take timer photos where i can set the camera down and run into the scene. The photo quality is gorgeous and there are so many really nice camera features. This amazing camera is one of the main reasons I decided on this particular phone. 

The following users say thank you to 75spotty for this useful post:

youssef2210, FastEfficient
December 28, 2013
6:11 pm
youssef2210
Members
Forum Posts: 3

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is an Android smartphone produced by Samsung Electronics. First unveiled on March 13, 2013 at Samsung Mobile Unpacked in New York City, it is a successor to the Galaxy S III which maintains a similar design, but with upgraded hardware and an increased focus on software features that take advantage of its hardware capabilities—such as the ability to detect when a finger is hovered over the screen, and expanded eye tracking functionality (which includes scrolling).[7][8] A hardware variant of the S4 also became the first ever smartphone to support the emerging LTE Advanced mobile network standard.[10]

The S4 was made available in late April 2013 on 327 carriers in 155 countries.[11] Upon its release, it became the fastest selling smartphone in Samsung’s history; the company sold 20 million S4 units worldwide in the two months following the device’s launch.[12] Samsung has since sold more than 40 million units.[13]

January 8, 2014
3:15 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

75spotty said
This phone has a 13 mega pixel camera and it is beyond amazing, it’s better than the digital camera I bought a few months ago. i’m thinking of buying a tripod for it tho because i can’t get it to work with the tripod i have and i like to take timer photos where i can set the camera down and run into the scene. The photo quality is gorgeous and there are so many really nice camera features. This amazing camera is one of the main reasons I decided on this particular phone. 

If you get the chance, head to the LG store or Nokia store in particular look at the LG G2 with it’s OIS option or the Nokia 1020. The Samsung S4 does take some nice photos, but the LG G2 which is running in many respects the same/similar software as well virtually identical camera but with OIS means your picture quality is even better. That said the mighty Nokia 1020 probably the windows phone to get (isnt many) with it’s 48 mega pixel camera (usable at about 38 megapixels if i recall) is just the king of photos but using windows phone in it’s own right may be enough to scare most off – check them out see what you think the s4 running a slower processor and no OIS in todays age kinda puts me off

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

January 9, 2014
3:18 am
meenakshiagr.19
Members
Forum Posts: 2

i i agree with you and your choice i believe samsung is best today

January 16, 2014
1:40 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

meenakshiagr.19 said

i i agree with you and your choice i believe samsung is best today

what appeals to you about Samsung devices over any other, I’m curious.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

January 31, 2014
12:14 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Krisstoffer said

75spotty said

If you get the chance, head to the LG store or Nokia store in particular look at the LG G2 with it’s OIS option or the Nokia 1020. The Samsung S4 does take some nice photos, but the LG G2 which is running in many respects the same/similar software as well virtually identical camera but with OIS means your picture quality is even better. That said the mighty Nokia 1020 probably the windows phone to get (isnt many) with it’s 48 mega pixel camera (usable at about 38 megapixels if i recall) is just the king of photos but using windows phone in it’s own right may be enough to scare most off – check them out see what you think the s4 running a slower processor and no OIS in todays age kinda puts me off

I got the chance to test Lumia 1020 and I can tell you for sure the only good thing is the impressive camera. Windows Phone has to be longtime improved, to reach Android`s performance, at this moment it appears to be a bad joke. Too bad, because Microsoft has great ideas, but doesn`t know to make them fly

February 4, 2014
3:17 pm
Lunar
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

I’ve not had the chance to test out the Galaxy S4, although I did hear previously that it’s got an amazing camera. I don’t think it lives up to the standards of the Lumia 1020 quality wise, but it does have a better operating system that’s for sure. At least it does for now.

If I’m honest I did jump into buying the Lumia for it’s quality camera as I’m interested in decent quality point and shoots, but given the Android system and the quality of the features like the 13mp camera, you can’t beat the S4 right now.

February 10, 2014
8:17 pm
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80

I always liked Samsung products, I used to have a Samsung phone a 3.0 mega pixels camera and it was great, to be honest it was better than iPhone camera, they’re so grainy and not clear. Samsung products have one of the best cameras in my opinion.

February 13, 2014
12:12 pm
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

Samsung S4 is one of the best smart phones in this year. There are so many good points.

And I have nothing to talk about its camera. Perfect :)

March 3, 2014
4:08 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

75spotty said

One of my friends bought S4 recently and indeed it`s a marvel. I will have to get satisfied with the little brother, S4 mini, since it`s cheaper, but somehow I`m tired of the 8MP cameras, probably I will start saving money for more power:)

Do you use any special effects or leaving your pictures as natural as possible? I personally prefer the last directionLaugh

April 22, 2014
5:55 am
FastEfficient
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

I totally agree with the original poster. I’m a fan of the Samsung Galaxy range in general.

I love the features, the camera, and the fact that the phone is extremely user friendly.

It’s just a perfect phone all around! It saves us having to take our Cannon camera out and about with us too!

April 27, 2014
1:54 pm
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually do NOT like the camera that much. I had a galaxy S2 before, the camera of my old phone was way better. It might have more MP and cool settings but when it won’t focus, it’s totally useless. I might be a bit spoiled with a DSLR camera, but I sure did expect something made by Samsung.

The first thing that really bothers me is that most pictures are blurred. It’s like my new phone is a lot more sensitive. It can be very frustrating, having to take over 10 pictures in order to have one picture that looks good.

When coming close (15 cm or less) it just won’t focus. It also has problems taking pictures of my cat (maybe because his fur is the same all over? I wouldn’t know). My previous phone did focus. Also, when I focussed with my S2, it kept the focus and you could still move around. It would be fixed to a specific thing. My S4 does not do that, no matter what I try.

I, however, AM very happy about the video feature. My previous phone had crap quality videos, my S4 doesn’t. The video feature does have fixed focus luckily, so that’s a good thing.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming Foysal Kader

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019