Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Romanian consumer behavior | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics Romania
Romanian consumer behavior
shopping technology for celebrating
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 2, 2014
2:06 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Romanians do love to celebrate, there are so many saints and special occassions in this country:) and what`s the kind of gift that never gets old? naturally a smartphone or a tablet

Recently, everybody got a day off, since May 1 is considered a free day for both private companies and public institutions. Some granted that May 2 would be also a free day, so you can imagine that assault of online discounts dedicated to this moment:) My inbox is crowded with special offers

For example, Vodafone said it would offer a 10EURO discount for each HTC purchased during May 1 and May 2, while Orange intensively discounted all the accessories available

May 5, 2014
1:29 am
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15

I would say the main characteristic to Romanians consumer behavior would be “ignorance” and I state this because 90% of those who enter in this category act along and not have their own set of values and ideas.

For instance regarding the usage of smart phones, most people forget about the word “smart” in front of Phone!! and buy this gadgets only because the other do and it’s cool, but they do not have idea of their full extent and capabilities! And here enter especially girls, because they do predominantly 3 things with a smart phone: talk, send messages, stay on Facebook, three things you can easily do also with other phones, not necessarily needing a smartphone, and the guys are not off from this category entirely! Cool

Another thing about the consuming habits relates to needs and expenses: For instance most people buy gadgets(smart phones, tablets) only because is a promotion, they don’t ask about it’s use or pressing needing! It’s something like “why not”, and they end up with having no idea what to do with the thing or how it is capable of!

Local telecom companies have periodic marketing campaigns linked to national elements in order to reach the inner feelings of Romanians and convince them to buy more and in some cases is works! Surprised(Easter, Christmas, local holidays)  

May 5, 2014
3:52 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

To a certain point, I think you are right, some Romanians don`t have any idea how to use a smartphone and why they ended up buying a glittering promotion. I do believe there are at least 10% rational consumers who know what they do, fully using the smart gadget and deciding upon a suite of criteria 

Concerning your remark related to girls` habits, Facebook is a dreadful addiction, comparing with male use. Even today, a lady was about to bump into me on sidewalk, focused to update her status on the social network

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming yoki61

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019