Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Friend or foe? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics Romania
Friend or foe?
DIGI, Vodafone, common efforts
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 5, 2014
4:17 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Telecommunication market is one of the harshest business environment, companies tend to develop strong rivalries and customers understand the context as a normal one

But what can a customer understand two foes become friends? Vodafone has joined forces with Digi to offer better services, although rumors say that Vodafone will withdraw from Romanian market, Digi being the actor buying its infrastructure. 

Their alliance is stated as a partnership meant to improve the use of internet on both networks. Vodafone has always have some troubles in implementing its infrastructure, most customers on mountains and other limited area arguing that no internet connection was available. Digi, although is a young company, has always received a little bit of help from the Romanian authorities, since it`s a local company, as consequence its infrastructure is wider, so there was no concrete reason to start a business with Vodafone, unless it`s the purchase on the horizon

May 27, 2014
7:09 am
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15

Since buying Connex, Vodafone never exceeded on the Romanian mobile services market! even though they had huge marketing campaigns, they just couldn’t surpass the competition that was the french group Orange!

Today with Digi that came from nowhere a few years ago and which is not really that expanded into mobile services market, may be these 2 companies try to cope together and get the best of it, Vodafone with the expertise and Digi with its coverage and local identity! on the surface they may seem the worst enemies but behind closed doors, they might create the next mega giant on our local market!Cool

hope that’s not happening!!Yell

May 28, 2014
9:20 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Honestly, I bet with my friend working at Orange, that in less than 12 months the marriage will be history, I hope losing the bet

From my point of view, Digi is promising on its own, this affair with Vodafone is something temporary, naturally with great profit for the upcoming brand, while Vodafone is slowly withdrawing from Romania, since it`s more interested in emerging markets and the Romanian one is already a mature one

It was a shock for me, but I guess it`s all about the marketing in a little country as oursSmile

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019