Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Galaxy S5 coming soon ? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Galaxy S5 coming soon ?
The Galaxy S5 is quickly approaching, what would you like to see introduced onto the device ?
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (1 votes) 
January 8, 2014
1:22 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The Galaxy S5 if rumours are to be bought into is very close to release and the rumour mill has been in overdrive for this device as the Galaxy S4 according to Samsung themselves did not have the impact they we’re aiming for, the biggest problem the S4 faced was time of launch the S4 came out rocking the Snapdragon 600 processor which is a great solid processor but devices like the Xperia Z line, LG and well virtually everything else after it came out with the less power hungry Snapdragon 800 processor sporting higher spec ratios and just being monster performers,

Thats not to take away from the S4 it’s still one of the better devices; like the HTC One it quickly gained a reputation as a good performer with it’s two critical points being touchwiz and slimey plastic design on the back again. The S5 rumours started around two months after the release of the S4 which was quite a shame as despite out selling the S3 by a large margin the device has been largely thought of as a stop gap while Samsung transitions into something new. We all know that Samsung is aiming to save money hence why they have merged the Camera and Phone departments which recently (CES yesterday) released the Galaxy Camera 2 a hybrid android device which is more Camera and less smartphone.

So what would you like to see in the S5 ? for me the list is pretty specific.

1. Touchwiz overhaul
2. Metal frame design with at least a hard plastic back like on the Note 3
3. Less bezel
4. 2k display
5. big battery improvement (steal LG’s stacked battery logic :P)
6. OIS is a must
7. 4k video (found on note 3)
8. ability to at least use spen – exclusive to the note 3 BUT the S4 cannot even use the damn thing as an external accessory!
9. shealth improvements
10. bring back night mode on the camera
11. unlikely but drop svoice in favour of Google Now
12. work around that silly wait for double tap on the home button without having to disable svoice/google now double tap feature (Argh!)

thats just the things that come to mind, anyone else ?

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

January 30, 2014
11:07 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Krisstoffer said
The Galaxy S5 if rumours are to be bought into is very close to release and the rumour mill has been in overdrive for this device as the Galaxy S4 according to Samsung themselves did not have the impact they we’re aiming for, the biggest problem the S4 faced was time of launch the S4 came out rocking the Snapdragon 600 processor which is a great solid processor but devices like the Xperia Z line, LG and well virtually everything else after it came out with the less power hungry Snapdragon 800 processor sporting higher spec ratios and just being monster performers,

Thats not to take away from the S4 it’s still one of the better devices; like the HTC One it quickly gained a reputation as a good performer with it’s two critical points being touchwiz and slimey plastic design on the back again. The S5 rumours started around two months after the release of the S4 which was quite a shame as despite out selling the S3 by a large margin the device has been largely thought of as a stop gap while Samsung transitions into something new. We all know that Samsung is aiming to save money hence why they have merged the Camera and Phone departments which recently (CES yesterday) released the Galaxy Camera 2 a hybrid android device which is more Camera and less smartphone.

So what would you like to see in the S5 ? for me the list is pretty specific.

1. Touchwiz overhaul
2. Metal frame design with at least a hard plastic back like on the Note 3
3. Less bezel
4. 2k display
5. big battery improvement (steal LG’s stacked battery logic :P)
6. OIS is a must
7. 4k video (found on note 3)
8. ability to at least use spen – exclusive to the note 3 BUT the S4 cannot even use the damn thing as an external accessory!
9. shealth improvements
10. bring back night mode on the camera
11. unlikely but drop svoice in favour of Google Now
12. work around that silly wait for double tap on the home button without having to disable svoice/google now double tap feature (Argh!)

thats just the things that come to mind, anyone else ?

I heard that the storage capacity would be improved, although the maxi version with 64GB is sufficient

Anyhow, S5 is a must-have. I never regretted spending money on Samsung`s flagships, they are everything an advanced user can dreamLaugh

April 24, 2014
7:33 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

I have noticed the S5 has been released, however the plans that are with it are unfortunately disappointing, unlike previous models theres an upfront cost, and the only real improvement I have seen on reviews is battery life.

Lets face it, we all want a long battery life, but manufacturers seem to think we want a really thin phone…..no thanks, I want a huge battery

April 25, 2014
2:41 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Ste Crook said
I have noticed the S5 has been released, however the plans that are with it are unfortunately disappointing, unlike previous models theres an upfront cost, and the only real improvement I have seen on reviews is battery life.

Lets face it, we all want a long battery life, but manufacturers seem to think we want a really thin phone…..no thanks, I want a huge battery

I couldn`t agree more:) you can have the fanciest gadget in your pocket, but if its battery drains in two days, by taking some photos and reading your emails, it`s a nonsense.

That`s why I always prefered robust smartphones with a battery able to last for five days on intense use, something that Sony offered me through Xperia line

April 25, 2014
5:11 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

Costin said

Ste Crook said

I couldn`t agree more:) you can have the fanciest gadget in your pocket, but if its battery drains in two days, by taking some photos and reading your emails, it`s a nonsense.

That`s why I always prefered robust smartphones with a battery able to last for five days on intense use, something that Sony offered me through Xperia line

Two days?!?!?! How do you get two days out of a smartphone? I am looking at around 8 hours on my HTC One, using it for a bit of browsing etc, I turn off the Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS when not needed. 

I would love a phone that could go two days! 

April 26, 2014
7:28 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Ste Crook said

Costin said

Ste Crook said

Two days?!?!?! How do you get two days out of a smartphone? I am looking at around 8 hours on my HTC One, using it for a bit of browsing etc, I turn off the Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS when not needed. 

I would love a phone that could go two days! 

Well, currently I`m using HTC One Max for daily talks, a little bit of email reading and listening to music on my way back home. It last two days, although I expected moreLaugh

April 28, 2014
8:10 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

I really liked the S line of devices from Samsung but the S5 having a heart rate monitor as well as the watch having one really put me off the device all together, Samsung seem to be without direction at the moment.. it’s not on my christmas list unlike the HTC One M8 and the Sony Xperia Z2 .. on a side note really he HTC One Max.. yucky

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019