Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Philippine-based Service Providers | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Philippine-based Service Providers
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
January 6, 2014
1:32 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Care you share your experiences with Philippines’ leading Service provider?  It is actually Globe versus Smart.

I am both a Smart and Globe user.  Will delay my thoughts after reading what you guys have to share.

Cheers!

January 16, 2014
11:24 pm
forthereal
Members
Forum Posts: 3

I am a TM user that is powered by Globe. Well, I was a Smart user before and changed to Globe due to the monopolized number of users of Globe at school were. My opinion on this is, all of them have their own marketing strategy and promos that suits the needs of their users. Their only problem is how to monopolize majority of the filipino people to use their services. Globe monopolizes schools and I think smart also starts to monopolize schools.

January 21, 2014
2:27 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

I’m a Globe user however once my wife fixes her ID for my application I will probably be a smart user, they have the better offerings on devices, globe are often overpriced on the flagships.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

January 22, 2014
3:02 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

agree that in terms of market share, globe is winning.  however, being number 1 in market share resulted for them to be relaxed in customer service that is actually turned me off already.  smart on the other hand is actually a big threat to them. smart wont be named bst employer for consecutive years without enough reasons.

January 22, 2014
9:51 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

One of my big issues with both of the them is whats on the web deal wise is not whats in the store – seriously go in store you will find way better deals but keep in mind something you noticed on the web cos if you don’t bring it up neither will they…

January 27, 2014
2:33 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

thanks for the replis guys!  now, sharing to you my personal thoughts.

smart – provides good customer service and acts fast on any concerns.  company itself is one of the best employers in the philippines.  netwrok signal weak in provinces.

globe – lousy customer service, no doubt number one in terms of subscriber, signal streght is good in city and provinces though alot of unscheduled downtime incident.

February 6, 2014
3:57 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

23and14and20 said
Care you share your experiences with Philippines’ leading Service provider?  It is actually Globe versus Smart.

I am both a Smart and Globe user.  Will delay my thoughts after reading what you guys have to share.

Cheers!

Probably a silly question, since I visited Singapore years ago and probably things have changed meanwhie. Anyhow, do those carriers offer prepaid SIM cards? At the moment of my trip, I think I used a SIM card from Starhub, charged with 20$ 

February 14, 2014
12:29 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

Yes, they do, you can obtain one from them directly at the airport as you come out just before the taxi stands. You will need to of course have your passport handy as they wont supply a sim without seeing your passport.

February 25, 2014
2:43 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Costin said

23and14and20 said

Cheers!

Probably a silly question, since I visited Singapore years ago and probably things have changed meanwhie. Anyhow, do those carriers offer prepaid SIM cards? At the moment of my trip, I think I used a SIM card from Starhub, charged with 20$ 

yup.  both in phils and singapore you can conveniently buy prepaid sim loaded with minimum amount that can be used instantly for calls and sms. in terms of prepaid best features and rates globe (phils) and starhub (singapore) normally leads the race.

hope this helps! 

March 30, 2014
11:06 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

aside from globe telecome and 

September 17, 2014
5:54 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

23and14and20 said
thanks for the replis guys!  now, sharing to you my personal thoughts.

smart – provides good customer service and acts fast on any concerns.  company itself is one of the best employers in the philippines.  netwrok signal weak in provinces.

globe – lousy customer service, no doubt number one in terms of subscriber, signal streght is good in city and provinces though alot of unscheduled downtime incident.

I do have friends who have Smart as their service provider. They have a lot of complaint when it comes to customer service as well. I think both (and the others) have their weaknesses in terms of customer service. 

Personally, I have been a Globe subscriber ever since I got my first cellphone when I was in college (and it’s been 15 years up to this date). I also never attempted to avail a 2nd number from Smart or other network providers. I have always been happy with Globe. Yes, they can be crap at times when it comes to customer service but at the end, they haven’t failed me yet. Even up to now, living in the UK, I have managed to get in touch with them easily when I asked them to downgrade my plan since I was only using my Globe number to receive texts from my family in the Philippines. And they did downgrade my plan from PHP1,200 to PHP299 per month.

September 19, 2014
3:28 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

my english husband can tolerate smart customer service but not globe – both on branch mall operation and on the phone.  he maintains both numbers of those mobile providers when we travel back to philippines.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019