Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Using your phone as a credit card. | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Using your phone as a credit card.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
October 12, 2014
11:25 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

How many of you are wanting, or think it’s a good idea to use your phone as a means of payment at a physical store? Of course, when I say that I mean your phone acts as a credit card as the IPhone 6 was mentioned to be capable of doing. I feel that this is kind of an inevitable move of technology, yet at the same time, I feel that there are risks in having a device that will do everything for us. Risks in the realm of theft of personal information, identity, and so forth.

October 25, 2014
5:23 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78

That’s what the NFC is for, using your smartphones as an option for payment instead of directly using your credit/debit cards. My Samsung Galaxy S4 has that ability although I don’t use it. Not that I don’t want to use it, but I don’t know if it’s safe enough to store my bank’s details in my phone for payment.

October 28, 2014
5:20 am
SakiB
Bronze
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 62

How many of you are wanting, or think it’s a good idea to use your phone as a means of payment at a physical store? Of course, when I say that I mean your phone acts as a credit card as the IPhone 6 was mentioned to be capable of doing. I feel that this is kind of an inevitable move of technology, yet at the same time, I feel that there are risks in having a device that will do everything for us. Risks in the realm of theft of personal information, identity, and so forth.

really? i dont know actually like that.

The following users say thank you to SakiB for this useful post:

Costin
October 30, 2014
3:42 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

That`s a brilliant idea, I think most of young people in my country would adopt it

Unfortunately, here you are still in the phase we use in the biggest city contacless credit cards to pay a subway ride. I think in few years, people will start to pay coffee with their smartphone, if the adequate infrastructure is implemented

November 3, 2014
12:43 pm
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53

I agree that it’s a good idea in theory and that eventually it will be the standard way of paying for things. Unfortunately, I don’t believe cell hone security is where it needs to be yet. Even with computers that have been designed to have really high security for years, it’s still fairly common to have the right information fall into the wrong hands.

I’m confident that within 3-5 years a good percentage of transactions will occur via phones. Humans value convenience above all else, and it’s pretty convenient to have almost everything you need, and be able to get whatever you want through a small device in your pocket.

The following users say thank you to MagStar for this useful post:

Costin
November 8, 2014
3:05 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I agree that it’s a good idea in theory and that eventually it will be the standard way of paying for things. Unfortunately, I don’t believe cell hone security is where it needs to be yet. Even with computers that have been designed to have really high security for years, it’s still fairly common to have the right information fall into the wrong hands.   I’m confident that within 3-5 years a good percentage of transactions will occur via phones. Humans value convenience above all else, and it’s pretty convenient to have almost everything you need, and be able to get whatever you want through a small device in your pocket.

Security is a big issue with financial apps, unfortunately this detail will make the majority of people look at them into a skeptical way

I can tell that in my country the app released by a bank for internet banking was hacked and the bank had to returned the missing money to the furious customers. You can imagine that this people and their families and friends aren`t giving credit to the new revolution

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019