Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Do you take photos exclusively with your smart phone now? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Do you take photos exclusively with your smart phone now?
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (1 votes) 
January 1, 2015
1:05 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Most smart phones these days have a camera that’s on par with a lot of consumer grade digital cameras and camcorders. Most of the time you do have to use third party apps and accessories to get the most out of your smart phone when trying to use it to take photos. I myself have been thinking about getting an android phone exclusively for photo taking since they often have micro sd cards.

I admit that you probably won’t get professional quality with a smart phone, but I definitely think the technology on smart phones has caught up to the point that it’s overtaking the consumer grade camera market. What do you all think?

February 9, 2015
8:52 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

My iPhone camera is as good as the commercial camera. The only thing it lack is the optical zoom. If the optical zoom is available, I guess the digital camera will die very soon.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

February 23, 2015
4:50 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I think I forgot where I put my digital camera, since I haven`t used it for years

Since the smartphones I owned Xperia Z1 or HTC One Max tend to deliver photos similar to a professional camera, I practically don`t need anything else. Besides, I store everything on the gadget and share it, I don`t have to plug it to a computer and do these things

March 8, 2015
7:22 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

I never use my digital camera except on my road trips or holidays as I need the optical zoom function. On normal days, iPhone camera is my best companion. It take clear photos and the GPS function log all the photos location. Sharing is so easy on the smartphones than the digital camera.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

July 2, 2015
5:19 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

jangwl said
I never use my digital camera except on my road trips or holidays as I need the optical zoom function. On normal days, iPhone camera is my best companion. It take clear photos and the GPS function log all the photos location. Sharing is so easy on the smartphones than the digital camera.

I also appreciate the latest possiblity of backing up to cloud or any location you desire

Simply,you don`t have to wait getting home, plug the phone and save the pics, they are always with you

December 20, 2016
10:24 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

I’m at the point where I use the camera on my smartphone for most photos. It’s just so much more convenient than a camera.

Believe it or not, I’m thinking of getting a new smart phone – an iPhone, just because I want that upgraded camera with the 4K capability!

December 26, 2016
2:10 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

thethunderchild said
I’m at the point where I use the camera on my smartphone for most photos. It’s just so much more convenient than a camera.

Believe it or not, I’m thinking of getting a new smart phone – an iPhone, just because I want that upgraded camera with the 4K capability!  

Have you tried Sony Z5? It makes iPhone look like a teenager, since the pixels density is bigger, iPhone has about 330ppi, while Z5 surpasses 800ppi

When you connect it to Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR, it`s more realistic than any other model on the market so far

December 27, 2016
9:21 pm
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Costin said

Have you tried Sony Z5? It makes iPhone look like a teenager, since the pixels density is bigger, iPhone has about 330ppi, while Z5 surpasses 800ppi

When you connect it to Google Cardboard or Samsung Gear VR, it`s more realistic than any other model on the market so far  

I will have to give that a trial run. Should be able to find a demo phone at my local “big box store” aka Walmart!   Thanks for the tip!

January 2, 2017
4:36 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

thethunderchild said

I will have to give that a trial run. Should be able to find a demo phone at my local “big box store” aka Walmart!   Thanks for the tip!  

Any time, my pleasure !Kiss

When it comes to pics, Sony has a big advantage. I remember back 5-6 years, who would own a Cybershot camera, was one of a kind. I have it right now and it`s still smooth

Sony smartphone include some of Cybershot design, so it`s like taking with you a reliable camera for your special moments

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019