Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

smart phone | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
smart phone
smarh phone beter then a laptop
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 24, 2013
2:42 am
shpritz
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

A smarth phone is beter then a laptop, is smaller and you can do all the things that you can do with a laptop mabe more with all of the aplication. I’m a gadget boy that depends of the technology and i use a smarth phone and a tablet! Hope to read your opinion!

November 28, 2013
5:07 am
gabrielsince
Members

I believe that both are useful, depends on where you are, at work for example, you can use the phone is more practical or train journey … and so on but at home I see the importance of a laptop is more practical.

November 29, 2013
1:07 pm
Uddeko Kta
Members

For small things like communication (Skype, Facebook, Twitter etc) smart phone are better. But for doing complex things like making document files, video editing, etc laptop is required. As a whole, both are useful in their own areas.Laugh

January 10, 2014
1:27 am
ajitkrish
Members
Forum Posts: 2

But in my view smart phone has more advantages than laptop like battery back up,size,gaming etc.

January 16, 2014
12:36 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

in terms of being handy yes smartphone it is.  however there are things we can do comfortably via laptop. say for example making a slideshow or presentation, we feel more secured using laptop for it.  also on writing certain lengthy emails, we prefer laptop for that as well.

just my 2 cents worth.

January 16, 2014
6:57 pm
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53

I do fairly ‘heavy’ work on my laptop. I have yet to see any smartphone that offers quick accessibility to 500 MB files. In fact, compared to a desktop computer, my laptop is lacking enough.

What are they most processor/memory reliant applications or activities that you do on your smartphone? Do they handle high def video fluidly? Would I be correct to assume that iPhones are the best for streaming and gaming?

January 16, 2014
11:05 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

as mention in my last post, laptop is still very reliable if you are doing some business slideshow or presentation or making some websites, etc.

smartphone will be handly being online anywhere anytime.  emails-on-the-go, gamings and steaming.

i think no one ever heavily rely solely on smartphones.  im sure they are still using laptop, desktop, tablet on certian complicated task

January 16, 2014
11:47 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

MagStar said

I do fairly ‘heavy’ work on my laptop. I have yet to see any smartphone that offers quick accessibility to 500 MB files. In fact, compared to a desktop computer, my laptop is lacking enough.

What are they most processor/memory reliant applications or activities that you do on your smartphone? Do they handle high def video fluidly? Would I be correct to assume that iPhones are the best for streaming and gaming?

500mb files on any modern smartphone or even tablet within the snapdragon 600+ chipset could easily chew it up and spit it out, these things are designed to play movies in at 1080p which clock in at around 30 frames per second if not higher in some cases and the average size of those files (at full 1080p) is around 1.2 – 1.3 GB per file, take into account that android/iOS is decoding the audio and video while powering all those pixels – so it’s perfectly doable.

In terms of a work system this is the year to look into one more so if your in the states, companies like Samsung and Sony are now following Apple by placing Sim card slots on there tablet models so the Sony Xperia Ultra or the brand new Sony 12″ pro (a HUGE tablet!) are now web capable without wifi (LTE/3g) coupled in with google drive or dropbox and maybe a micro SD (depends on model, iphones, no) and you have a pretty sweep setup.

The problem is mobile technology right now simply cannot do complex computing, full studio style editing of a video for example using some of the stuff you see in Motion or Final Cut pro you just could not do on a tablet, it’s one of the reasons I have and still maintain a laptop now – I cannot find a suitable Git (development) platform for a mobile device and these things are heavy on a desktop setup.

If I was to say anything to those that want the tablet yet need a laptop look at something like the surface pro which has a detachable keyboard, runs Windows RT so all your applications (photoshop, icad) etc will function on it just fine, when you need a tablet it’s capable of such – my big turn off with it would be it’s made my microsoft themselves so i personally wouldnt touch it but windows fanboys swear by them.

In terms of is the iPhone best for media/gaming – depends on your perspective on paper, no far from it – they have a lower PPI than most other android flagships from the android world so any modern flagship from samsung, lg, sony or even oppo would make the iphone look below par -but depends where your focus lies. It’s largely thought and understood that apples application frameworks are more mature than the ones provided by Google for android i.e games are far more stable, bigger market place – android is catching up and device wise it has in many cases the better specs the Nexus 5 for example rocks an Adreno 330 a beast of a GPU .. my advice to anyone goto the store, hold the phone – does it feel good to use, test youtube, test video playback, music, connectivty how does it sound look at the HTC one for example probably the best smartphone of 2013 and one of the first flagships released however it fails in two key areas.

1. battery life sucks
2. camera is as bad they come on a flagship

The lack of good camera would put me off it alone despite all it’s other positives – for me right now the best gaming/multimedia device is the LG G2 – great specs, great design, fantastic camera and little known fact – LG supply apple with most the screens used on the iPhone so they know how to make a kickass screen!

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 16, 2014
8:26 pm
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

It’s up to your need. If your work requires much movement, smart phones will be better than laptop :)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019