Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

More than one smartphone? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
More than one smartphone?
Pros & Cons or All Pros
Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 Topic Rating: 4 (1 votes) 
January 11, 2014
2:16 pm
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I was just reading about how lower prices are expected to encourage consumers to buy more smartphones in 2014. My question is this: would you consider owning more than one smartphone if different brands offered better performance in a particular area? As a simple example, would you buy an iPhone for its photo & video quality and also an Android-based phone for better data handling? Would the apps available for a particular platform ‘inspire’ you to purchase and use more than one cell phone?

January 15, 2014
3:37 am
Hari Babu
Members
Forum Posts: 2

It is really tempting to purchase multiple smart phones, particularly because of the attractive ad campaigns, apps they provide, friends’ suggestions/ feedback on these adorable products. Also one reason is that some brands have good video quality while others offer superior sound quality. And these days using multiple sims has also become common. But also one should keep in mind that this temptation may not end with 2 smart phones. I saw people carrying 2 smart phones, an iPod, a laptop. But the temptation never ends. Also one must keep in mind how much radiation they are being exposed to because of these gadgets. Using one of these gadgets is essential these days and is understandable. But multiple!! Friends please be careful. That’s all I can suggest. 

January 15, 2014
9:16 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

for some (like me) i have 2 smartphones because 1 is personal and the other is company-issued.

it is beneficial for me since there are both phone is customize for my needs. nokia is more of a business phnoe and iphone is geared towards social/ personal use.

January 16, 2014
12:08 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

I hate dual sim phones, not sure why but I just don’t like them more a quirk than something based on real world issues. Given the option I would actually run a Galaxy Note 3 for work and probably the Sony Xperia Z1s for personal.

The note 3 has a large battery, good camera complete 4k video and the s-pen functionality makes keeping track of things simple although the built in calendar for any samsung device but in particular to the Note line is pretty weak – sadly spen doesn’t function .. or should i say offer extra functionality outside of norm.

The Sony would be the personal device due to it’s slightly more rugged usage dust and water proof but beyond that it’s pretty much stock android as Sony’s skin is very light with a great camera (sony internals actually power a great deal of the smart phones most use) and decent sound.

If I was to interchange the two I think for work I could cope with probably something like the LG G flex or LG G2 but not much else appeals to be work wise in the market iPhones just don’t entertain me I’ve owned all of them upto the 3gs and they are a drab (ipad 2 as well, no iOS isnt a huge improvement)

For home I would probably go with the Blackberry Z30 – it’s a decent phone but not one i would use for work , but I would of course need the Android compat layer and endless hours of tweaking of apks side loading them to run it just how i like but I could see myself using it or even the Nokia 1020 – love the camera and design on that thing.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 16, 2014
8:37 pm
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

The price of smart phones is not really high now. With only few hundreds bucks you can easily own a smart phone.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019