Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Do you search for restaurants on your smart phone? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Do you search for restaurants on your smart phone?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 13, 2014
1:23 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m just wondering if it makes sense for restaurants to go for mobile websites.

If you *do* search for restaurants on your phone, do you check out their menus? Or do you just want to find the cuisine you’re looking for?

May 13, 2014
2:35 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130

thethunderchild said
I’m just wondering if it makes sense for restaurants to go for mobile websites.

If you *do* search for restaurants on your phone, do you check out their menus? Or do you just want to find the cuisine you’re looking for?

I’ve done both, for sure.  I use Urban Spoon app to find a certain kind of restaurant that I’m looking for.  It uses GPS, and then you give it parameters; cost, cuisine, kid friendly, etc, and it recommends a restaurant for you.

Unfortunately it doesn’t offer you a menu option.  For that I just get online and try to find it there.  I don’t think I ever remember going to a restaurant without first seeing the menu online.

May 14, 2014
3:40 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

I do actually! Google maps has a feature that lets you search restaurants nearby. It also sometimes redirects you to their websites so you can check out their menu. It’s very handy when you’re abroad or in another city for the day!

May 14, 2014
12:34 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

I do actually! Google maps has a feature that lets you search restaurants nearby. It also sometimes redirects you to their websites so you can check out their menu. It’s very handy when you’re abroad or in another city for the day!

Google maps is actually pretty nice also, plus you get to read the reviews for the restaurant.

May 14, 2014
4:08 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

When I`m travelling to another country, I do. Even when I visit a place, that I`m used with, I do, because life is full of surprises. Last time when I visited Champ Elysees, the restaurant where I used to enjoy my lunch disappeared, due to financial crisis, so I had to search some other restaurant. I don`t eat beef or pork, that`s why it`s hard for me to find some place to enjoy meals based on chicken

May 14, 2014
6:56 pm
FastEfficient
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38

I personally don’t.

I usually do my research before hand on the laptop and look at the prices and menu on there.

I find it’s easier to compare and browse on the laptop than it is on a phone.

May 15, 2014
3:20 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members

FastEfficient said
I personally don’t.

I usually do my research before hand on the laptop and look at the prices and menu on there.

I find it’s easier to compare and browse on the laptop than it is on a phone.

Yea, but if you’re stumbling around a city and get a craving for something in particular, an app like Urban Spoon is perfect.  We were waiting for a flight out of NYC a few months back and I knew that would be the last day I would be able to get a good burger for months.  Urban Spoon found me a place 3 blocks away.  I still think about that burger.  I haven’t had one in 6 months.

May 18, 2014
8:14 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

Costin said
When I`m travelling to another country, I do. Even when I visit a place, that I`m used with, I do, because life is full of surprises. Last time when I visited Champ Elysees, the restaurant where I used to enjoy my lunch disappeared, due to financial crisis, so I had to search some other restaurant. I don`t eat beef or pork, that`s why it`s hard for me to find some place to enjoy meals based on chicken

The exact same reason for me! When travelling I cannot eat a lot of different things (Dutch people are used to a extremely high hygienic) so it’s hard for me to find a place that either offers things Dutch people can handle, or has a very high hygienic environment too! I like the fact that you can get directed to their website through google so you can check out their menu and you can also easily look up reviews of the restaurants!

May 19, 2014
1:03 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Extace said

Costin said

The exact same reason for me! When travelling I cannot eat a lot of different things (Dutch people are used to a extremely high hygienic) so it’s hard for me to find a place that either offers things Dutch people can handle, or has a very high hygienic environment too! I like the fact that you can get directed to their website through google so you can check out their menu and you can also easily look up reviews of the restaurants!

It`s quite useful and I don`t mind that some of my friends mock on this custom of mine. Instead of going with the flow and see what happens, I say let`s get informed (although surprises can appear in this case too, but they are reduced) and choose the best opportunityLaugh

June 1, 2014
1:26 pm
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

A smart phone can be very useful when you don’t have a computer of laptop at your disposal! For in stance I can say that I used One as a GPS When I got lost going to the Capital City!

You can search almost everything If you have a decent internet connection! WiFi or anything elseLaugh

We should put these Smart Phones to work more seriously not just logging to FacebookSurprised

June 2, 2014
4:38 am
yushi
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 26
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Smartphone is really useful if you are on the go. All information are just a click away. I use them normally for direction through GPS apps. Sometimes, when I am outstation, I will simple key in, “Best Food in XXXXX”. There you go, it makes my unplanned journey interesting.

June 3, 2014
8:29 pm
GeronimoJoe
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 66
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do this all the time. I would say that I do this every week. We are always liking to try out new restaurants.

July 5, 2014
10:49 pm
GeronimoJoe
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 66
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually search for everything on my phone.

July 14, 2014
3:16 pm
laur84
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 29
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually search for everything on my phone.

In my case, everything includes a large range of activities during an ordinary day, such as reading the news, searching for discounts, ordering my meal or buying tickets to the movie in the evening. Probably, because I have free internet access on my business postpaid plan, I’m addicted to constant search on the web

July 15, 2014
1:12 pm
Ruchi Jain
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 27
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today , Anything and everything can be surfed on smartphone..Same goes with me , yes i do search for the nearest restaurant whenever i need something recreational in life..Its just not about searching but also finding the route through google maps..It has become a task full of enjoyment for me these days!!!

August 6, 2014
1:10 pm
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53

It would be great if there was an ‘estimated time for the business to last’ that came up for restaurants! Smartphones are great for finding them, but I swear every time I find a place I like, when I go back a month later it’s out of business or has a new owner and instead of selling pizza, it’s now a Bugatory! My favorite way to use a mobile phone for food is when I stumble across a place, I stand in front and read the reviews before I make up my mind if I should try them out or not. A few times folks have stopped and asked what the reviews say. :) That’s real social media – instantly. 

September 30, 2014
3:25 am
shere1895
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 85
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can search only high expensive resturant. It’s Bangladesh most of the resturant has no their personal indexing in the google map.

October 18, 2014
5:38 am
shere1895
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 85
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

Extace said

Your right but it is not possible for every country. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today yoki61
Upcoming sirajdte

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019