Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Smar things you can do with your smartphone | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Smar things you can do with your smartphone
Topic Rating: 3.5 Topic Rating: 3.5 Topic Rating: 3.5 Topic Rating: 3.5 Topic Rating: 3.5 Topic Rating: 3.5 (6 votes) 
May 25, 2014
3:05 pm
Arinzonawrites
Nigeria
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 14
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

In today’s modern age,the rate by which people get smart phones is increasing exponentially. Sadly,not everyone that got smart phone uses it smartly. Smart phones  has alot of functions than you think that needs to be explored.

These are three things you could do with your smartphone:

1.Mobile hotspot  Most smartphones allow you to create WiFi connection to other devices to connect to the internet. You can use this function to connect multiple devices  rather than getting a router.

2.Webcam  You can use your smart phone as webcam on your computer for  video chatting if your computer doesn’t have webcam.

3.Editing of pictures  Do you know that you can edit your pictures on your smartphone just like Photoshop? Yes you can,all you need to do is download app for photo editing. Thanks to app developers.

Rate this post it was helpful

The following users say thank you to Arinzonawrites for this useful post:

Costin
May 26, 2014
3:35 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

For the beginning, the three features you mentioned assure a decent use of a smartphone, which is like an old wine, each day you discover something new about it

From using the Wifi connection and the camera implied by your gadget, you will do some magic on social networks, sharing your daily stories. If you install an app able to deliver video calls, you will heat the battery of your gadget, chatting for hours and so on 

June 2, 2014
1:34 pm
Aditya1809
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 42

Having a Smartphone can be a real treat if you are also smart enough to use it. There are lots n lots of features that phone come with. They can help you in your day to day life.
1. GPS and maps- You can set your destination and you are ready to go. Also you can get live traffic feed and avoid being stuck in it.

2. Plan your monthly budget. There are several apps that help you do this.

3. Maintain notes, reminders so that you never miss a meeting.

4. Make presentation (I personally do this a lot and my life has become so much more easier after Office was launched on iPad) 

June 3, 2014
2:16 pm
parvinece@gmail.com
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Aditya1809 said
Having a Smartphone can be a real treat if you are also smart enough to use it. There are lots n lots of features that phone come with. They can help you in your day to day life.
1. GPS and maps- You can set your destination and you are ready to go. Also you can get live traffic feed and avoid being stuck in it.

4. Make presentation (I personally do this a lot and my life has become so much more easier after Office was launched on iPad) 

Yes. The most advantages in  Smart phone is like that, it makes us to feel like a friend moves along with us always. And we can roam easily to very new cities alone with the help of smart phones as it can direct us very exactly like the real man do.  

The following users say thank you to parvinece@gmail.com for this useful post:

Valentina Pandiyan, Arinzonawrites
June 5, 2014
2:00 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Aditya1809 said

You know, your expression `smart enough` might be misunderstood. Every phone user is potentially smart, maybe some don`t have time to discover all the functions of the phone, maybe they get bored quickly

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

Arinzonawrites
June 19, 2014
1:38 am
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80
6sp_Permalink sp_Print

Having an app that would locate your smart phone if it gets stolen or lost is a smart thing to do and important.

The following users say thank you to RedBubble for this useful post:

Arinzonawrites
July 18, 2014
9:04 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

RedBubble said
Having an app that would locate your smart phone if it gets stolen or lost is a smart thing to do and important.

There are plenty of apps letting you know the position and status of your Android gagets, such as AntiDroidTheft or SeekDroid Lite, that I installed just in case something bad occurs

July 19, 2014
10:23 am
Aditya1809
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 42

I use food spotting to search the restaurant. With the swing of mt mood the food i want to have i just go with the suggested destination and most of the times it tastes good. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today yoki61
Upcoming sirajdte

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019