Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Gadget & its accessories | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Gadget & its accessories
discounts
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
February 18, 2014
12:03 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

When you buy a new smartphone or tablet, do you choose from the same store the accessories you need?

I mostly do it and discounts are impressive. For example, when I bought my HTC One S from Orange, I choose to add to my shopping chart on its online store the HTC external battery based on 6000mAH for just 24EURO, discounted from 59EURO. So, when the standard battery ends, although it happens in 5 days, I expand the lifetime of my gadget with 4 daysSurprised

February 23, 2014
12:31 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

I often look at the accessories scene prior to purchasing any device, more to see what does and does not work more so when it comes to if bluetooth low energy is supported or not, sometimes i will purchase from the same vendor but depends on how good the deal is i in general know what i want based on my research before hand so budget for that but a discount can sometimes push me into an additional sale.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 24, 2014
3:03 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

Costin said
When you buy a new smartphone or tablet, do you choose from the same store the accessories you need?

I mostly do it and discounts are impressive. For example, when I bought my HTC One S from Orange, I choose to add to my shopping chart on its online store the HTC external battery based on 6000mAH for just 24EURO, discounted from 59EURO. So, when the standard battery ends, although it happens in 5 days, I expand the lifetime of my gadget with 4 daysSurprised

yup! but only for the need-now accessories since it comes with discount or freebies if bought the same day at the same store.  but for other accessories normally i buy elsewhere.

February 25, 2014
1:32 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

Not even need now items really, I was once in the apple store purchasing an iPad and they had a discount on the magictrack pad for the day .. so hell im in the store why not

February 26, 2014
10:00 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

hmmmm. maybe because the basic accessory i need like the headset is included on the unit already so normally i don’t bother checking the sale or promo area. less window shopping, less temptation… hehe.

March 12, 2014
11:49 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

don’t get used to that, carriers have made it clear all around the world that despite the fact buying the phone direct will get you all the cool toys, carriers are looking to shed the load and that means not including things like the latest greatest gadgets for example the Z1 comes with some awesome headphones.. unless you get it on any US carrier in which case, sold separately for an additional $100 or so

March 19, 2014
11:17 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

i notice that some users here in the philippines tends to buy another spare battery aside from what is included on their purchase.  is it something similar to your country or where are you located as well guys?

March 20, 2014
5:07 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

it’s quite normal, phones have become way more than they used to be, everything has improved but the battery has become useless – it’s kinda common everywhere.. either a spare battery and in some cases a power charger.

September 30, 2014
6:45 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78

Unless the accessory is free and included in the package, then I’d get it. But most often than not, I just buy an accessory thru ebay or Amazon, i.e. phone cases, etc. Sometimes, the ones that the same brand offers are pretty expensive.

March 7, 2017
2:41 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

23and14and20 said
i notice that some users here in the philippines tends to buy another spare battery aside from what is included on their purchase.  is it something similar to your country or where are you located as well guys?  

In my area, external batteries are trendy, not precisely another battery as the one inside the gadget, although the idea is pretty wise. The external battery will supply up to 60-70% of the maximal capacity of the battery, which will eventually drain as time passes by, so if you love your gadget and want to use it for years, an internal battery is the best solution

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

Jonathan Gagné
March 11, 2017
11:11 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Costin said

In my area, external batteries are trendy, not precisely another battery as the one inside the gadget, although the idea is pretty wise. The external battery will supply up to 60-70% of the maximal capacity of the battery, which will eventually drain as time passes by, so if you love your gadget and want to use it for years, an internal battery is the best solution  

Since I have a battery charger in my car as well as one in my house, I don’t need an extra battery.

I think it depends on how “on the go” you are.

It may also depend on how much common sense you have!  I have many friends who let their batteries run all the way down in the morning, but don’t bother to charge them.  Then in the afternoon they whine that their battery is dead!  Simply plug your phone in every night and the problem is solved!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019