Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Apps and Stolen Phones. | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Apps and Stolen Phones.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 10, 2014
12:22 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

With stolen cell phones being a common crime, do you currently use any phone location apps / phone security software? What concerns me is, many people are starting to store their entire life’s information on their cell phone and whoever obtains their phone will also get their information.

The following users say thank you to Cellnut for this useful post:

Costin
November 12, 2014
1:49 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

The company I work for uses Cerberus (a suggestively name for a watch dog), it`s more expensive than the average apps, but it`s reliable

For 3 euro, you can monitor up to five smartphones. Once they are lost or stolen, you can track them via GPS, change the functions of their SIM cards, as well as to record, without the permission of the person handling the gadget

March 13, 2015
9:51 pm
lludawg
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38

These apps could be super useful, especially if someone was missing or something like that. Personally, I would be willing to pay for a reliable app as long as it worked well and did not let you down. Can anyone recommend me the best apps for stolen or lost phones?

March 16, 2015
3:05 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

If these apps really works, we could all benefits from it, the thought of having your phone stolen is really scary, I used to have both of the passwords and the usernames of all the apps on my phone including my bank account saved on my phone. I would get in a big trouble if my phone fall in the wrong hands.

March 16, 2015
5:19 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

Yes, there’s also apps that can remotely track, lock, and wipe the data off your smart phone if you find out it was stolen. I think it’s important in this day and age to protect your personal information on your smart phone, especially with theft rates of smart phones being so high.

The following users say thank you to Cellnut for this useful post:

Talla
March 21, 2015
10:15 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

Apple iPhone and Samsung Android now have this function to locate and wipe the data on the phone. It is also up to the users to learn how to do it and not panic on it when you lost the phone. DO you know how to do it when u lost the phone?

The following users say thank you to jangwl for this useful post:

Talla

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

January 4, 2017
1:40 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

This type of app is quite simple, it asks you whether you want to lock the gadget or not

My major concern is why authorities don`t take in account the evidence. I mean, I go to police and I show that my stoles smartphone is on that street and they say it`s not official, well I had my phone stolen, so it was quite official, wasn`t that?

Anyhow, once I had it stolen from my car, since that day, I never leave it in the care, just to avoid this SF scenario with the authorities

January 5, 2017
1:10 pm
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Cellnut said
With stolen cell phones being a common crime, do you currently use any phone location apps / phone security software? What concerns me is, many people are starting to store their entire life’s information on their cell phone and whoever obtains their phone will also get their information.  

Yes, I don’t think enough young people realize just how dangerous it is to keep all that information on their phone, which they use these days just like a computer.

Most people don’t even lock their phones properly – they use “1234” as a password, for example!

Having an app to find the phone and wipe away information is essential.

January 6, 2017
3:22 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

thethunderchild said

Yes, I don’t think enough young people realize just how dangerous it is to keep all that information on their phone, which they use these days just like a computer.

Most people don’t even lock their phones properly – they use “1234” as a password, for example!

Having an app to find the phone and wipe away information is essential.  

In addition to 1234, there is 0000 as password, which is so easy to be discovered

Doing internet banking has become more than a vogue, but people tend to download apps that aren`t supported by the bank and then they are surprised to see their money stoles. A serious bank will ask you through sms if you authorise the transactions in the app, just to avoid any bad scenario. Bad luck, if the thief can also see the sms received from the bank, he/she is free to play with your money

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019