Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Google and Apple say no to Flappy | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Google and Apple say no to Flappy
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
February 17, 2014
2:29 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Google and Apple have both been of late rejecting apps with the name flappy within them, perhaps to prevent a hoard of flappy bird clones slithering into the market.

Flappy Birds became an overnight success on the Apple app store with the developer seemingly making upto $50’000 a day before he decided to pull the plug on the game as he was unable to handle the pressure of his game being so popular.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 26, 2014
10:13 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

kudos to the developer who is not after the fame and money. rare. well, different people, different drive.

April 26, 2014
5:58 am
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49

I’m happy this has happened. There are way too many out and it was reported something like 1 gets released every few minutes. Can you image how many have already made their way onto the market?

April 28, 2014
8:39 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Brad said

I’m happy this has happened. There are way too many out and it was reported something like 1 gets released every few minutes. Can you image how many have already made their way onto the market?

agreed but remember apple can allow them but we are the ones that make these things popular .. if i recall however the original game is back in the store. Someone may have to confirm that of course…

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

May 2, 2014
3:29 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130

Krisstoffer said
Google and Apple have both been of late rejecting apps with the name flappy within them, perhaps to prevent a hoard of flappy bird clones slithering into the market.

Flappy Birds became an overnight success on the Apple app store with the developer seemingly making upto $50’000 a day before he decided to pull the plug on the game as he was unable to handle the pressure of his game being so popular.

I just never understood the popularity.  I would see bartenders playing it behind the bar, and patrons at the bar doing the same.  I tried it once on a friends phone, who is addicted, just couldn’t get into it.

May 3, 2014
1:13 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Heard that Google+ will be shut down. Too bad, now that I created a profile on Google`s social networks, after my friends insisted for months

Played once Flappy Birds and wasn`t very impressed, so I`m not going to miss too much the game

May 8, 2014
11:01 pm
Dinosaur Digger
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Costin said
Heard that Google+ will be shut down. Too bad, now that I created a profile on Google`s social networks, after my friends insisted for months

Played once Flappy Birds and wasn`t very impressed, so I`m not going to miss too much the game

I am starting to seriously dislike Google. I was looking up this news about them shutting down Google +, and I see they’ve also bought a site called Appetas, just to shut it down.

Tallk about monopolies!

July 5, 2014
10:45 pm
GeronimoJoe
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 66

Flappy? Is this a play on Angry Birds or is it really called Flappy Birds?

July 12, 2014
12:45 am
Aditya1809
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 42

Flappy bird was the game that i used to enjoy a lot. But when it was pulled off it was a heart breaker. But now again its back on apple store and all those who love the game can enjoy and try breaking their own records.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019