Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

What's your plan for when\if your phone gets stolen? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's your plan for whenif your phone gets stolen?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 12, 2014
12:29 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have a lot of info on my phone and I’d be screwed if it were stolen.  What are your plans for a stolen phone?  Any apps installed to locate the stolen phone, any apps to turn phone off remotely?  What are your plans?

May 13, 2014
12:38 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

It’s always a good idea to have an app on your phone that prevents people from accessing the information on it without permission, and that can help you find it if you lose it…or turn it off – wipe it – if it is stolen.

Too many people never set up this feature because they never think they could possibly lose their phone, but it’s just common sense to do it.

The same holds true for any tablets you might have. I have several tablets (the result of uncoordinated gift giving at Christmas!) and I have passwords on them all, plus an app to let me find them or wipe them as the case may be.

May 13, 2014
2:29 pm
Paul B
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 130

thethunderchild said
It’s always a good idea to have an app on your phone that prevents people from accessing the information on it without permission, and that can help you find it if you lose it…or turn it off – wipe it – if it is stolen.

Too many people never set up this feature because they never think they could possibly lose their phone, but it’s just common sense to do it.

The same holds true for any tablets you might have. I have several tablets (the result of uncoordinated gift giving at Christmas!) and I have passwords on them all, plus an app to let me find them or wipe them as the case may be.

There’s also a great app, lookout I think, that will take a picture of whoever has stolen your phone while they’re looking at it and email it to whatever address you want.

July 14, 2014
3:24 pm
laur84
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 29

My smartphone is assiciated with an insurance regarding potential theft

In the case it happens, I can monitor its movement through Plan B and alert the authorities

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019