Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Travelling with a cellphone in HOT countries? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Travelling with a cellphone in HOT countries?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
March 11, 2015
1:46 am
lludawg
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am from Canada where it is usually quite cold. If I were to travel to some very hot and sunny places in Asia, would I need to do anything to my phone to protect it? Will the intense heat possibly melt components of my phone? Or should I not worry?

Currently I am using a basic Samsung smartphone.

March 28, 2015
11:59 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

Try not to leave it in a closed vehicle where temperatures could rise excessively and don’t leave it in open direct sunlight. you need pretty high ambient temperatures to damage a smart phone but more heat means less component lifespan overall for any electronic product.

March 31, 2015
4:05 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

The extreme weather is bad for smartphones, either hot, which can lower the battery’s life, expand the hard drive or even fry the processor. Moreover, even knowing that technologies work better in cold than hot, the extreme cold temperature could damage the phone two, and the battery could die as well.

January 3, 2017
4:41 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Talla said
The extreme weather is bad for smartphones, either hot, which can lower the battery’s life, expand the hard drive or even fry the processor. Moreover, even knowing that technologies work better in cold than hot, the extreme cold temperature could damage the phone two, and the battery could die as well.  

Indeed, a phone needs an average temperature, similarly to human body, in order to work properly

In the case of hot climate, try to keep it out of sunlight, use light color case that don`t attract the sun beams as quickly as the darker ones, if possible stay in room when the sun is at its climax, it`s good for your health and for your gadgets

January 8, 2017
9:39 am
Ahmed
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Ahmed says 

not to leave it in a vehicle infrkont of mirror where temperatures could rise extremely and don’t leave it in open direct sunlight. you need pretty high  temperatures to damage a smart phone but more heat means less component lifespan overall for any electronic product.

January 9, 2017
6:35 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

In addition to the temperature trouble, it`s recommended not to leave your smartphone in the car, visible to every curious eye. You might find your car broken and the missing object to be the phone, either it`s a premium model or an average model, some thieves are in love with technology

January 12, 2017
11:43 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Costin said
In addition to the temperature trouble, it`s recommended not to leave your smartphone in the car, visible to every curious eye. You might find your car broken and the missing object to be the phone, either it`s a premium model or an average model, some thieves are in love with technology  

It’s not even that a thief might be in love with technology, but that they will want to try to sell it to someone else!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019